Replacement parts

Forum for boutique synths
Barbedwirekisses

Replacement parts

Post by Barbedwirekisses »

Hello, my Ju-06 fell off badly from his stand after rehearsal with my band :(

Now he's working fine, gratefully, but ON/OFF switch is broken. It works, but the plastic parts i can switch with the finger teared apart.
Where i can buy the part? It's easy to replace by myself? Are just screws or i need practice with soldering?
If possible, i don't want to bring him to care center (i know it's wrong), but i can't stay without him more than one day :D
Any advice accepted

EDIT

I live in italy, so possibly EU shops
apauw

Re: Replacement parts

Post by apauw »

It's soldered, and you need a steady hand and good soldering skills, if you can find a new switch.
Best to have someone with good soldering skills do it.

Simplest solution, leave it in the on position, it powers on when you plug the usb cable in. If you use it stand alone (aka not connected through USB to a computer), use a USB power supply with on/off switch.

But that's just my two cents, good luck!

Cheers,
Albert
Barbedwirekisses

thanks man i was thinking the same solution for now, but i hope to fix it soon.
Do you know a website where i can order the switch? On The ROland official site is avaiable?
apauw

Post by apauw »

Roland probably will not tell you the type of switch, and say it is not consumer replacable.

If you're going to replace it, take it out, take it to the nearest electronic parts store and see if they have it. In the UK Maplins would be the type of store to get those parts, but you have to figure out what kind (and size) of switch it is you want.

Good luck,
Albert
Barbedwirekisses

you're right. Roland don't send the replacement part. That's sad. I don't know why. I'm looking at Maplin store but it's hard to find the place i need. I'll try anyway.
Myrk-

Post by Myrk- »

Is it still in warranty period? I had the same thing happen to the LFO switch on my JP-08 and they repaired it even though I dropped it from my table hah!

I think the parts they are using are semi-exclusive for now... I've tried to source different electronical components with no success (apart from the fader switches).
Barbedwirekisses

Hi Myrk! At the end was hanging around the shop where i bought it and the guy told me to give it to them, they'll order the parts and fix it by themselves for few bucks in two weeks or so. I didn't want to send back to Roland because it was still working great, and i didn't want to send my fav synth around the state for unknown time. They promise me to take a fast look to every parts and give it a clean (USB connection always feels squashy, the anti-dust brushes looks a little bit crooked). Hope it will come back stronger than ever!