Boutique/MX1 Midi question

Forum for boutique synths
NevinDouglas

Boutique/MX1 Midi question

Post by NevinDouglas »

Hi!

I have a question regarding the MIDI functions of the Boutique synths.

I'm using the JU-06, JP-08, TR-9, and Aira series TB-3, as well as a Novation Circuit, all running into my MX1 mixer.

I'm getting ready to start doing live shows using this rig, but there is 1 issue that I'm trying to streamline; changing the patches and sequences on my Boutique units between songs.

Right now I'm changing all my settings manually between songs. This means selecting a new sound patch as well as sequence memory bank on each Boutique unit (as well as the TB-3), 1 by 1, before I can start playing the next track. It's fine, but it takes a bit longer than I'd like. I'm trying to get the transitions between songs as fast as possible, but changing all these presets is really slowing me down.

Does anyone know if there is a way to switch sound patches and sequences via midi? Either using my MX1, or my Novation circuit, or some other piece of gear if need be. I'm already using the memory banks on my circuit and MX1 to load settings for each song... is there a way to have either of those devices control the Boutiques so that when I load "song 1", all my boutiques automatically switch to the correct sound and sequence?

Thanks in advance for any help :)
thisissami

Re: Boutique/MX1 Midi question

Post by thisissami »

Hey did you ever figure out what the answer to this question is?
Myrk-

Post by Myrk- »

If your novation circuit is your midi controller for the boutiques then it might be able to send a cc program change command - I'm not sure of the midi controller limitations of the circuit. If you are sending midi clock to the boutiques only via USB then you'll need to chain a few midi cables between them.
darkstar679

Post by darkstar679 »

with my DAW the synths respond to program change message.
but this is a predefined thing to make automation to switch automatically the patch.