JP-08 Extract System Bin Resources

Forum for boutique synths
Moogerfoogers

JP-08 Extract System Bin Resources

Post by Moogerfoogers »

I'm trying to see if anybody can extract the factory system bin file and all of its resources. I want to convert all 64 presets to my System 8. I'm on a Mac and I can't find a way to extract the file. Possibly someone on PC who is willing to do this please contact me here. Thanks
rsaintjohn

Re: JP-08 Extract System Bin Resources

Post by rsaintjohn »

I'm guessing you're still trying to get all 64 original Jupiter 8 patches for the System 8. If you are, this isn't going to result in that. Only 24 of the 64 JP-08's presets (the first 3 banks) are the same as the original Jupiter 8 presets. The other 40 on the JP-08 are new and original. And most of those 24 JP-08 presets are already included with the System-8 Jupiter plug-out (last 3 banks).

And it's not a BIN file you want. The patches are PRM files, just text files accessible through the JP-08 backup function. Those text files will give you the JP-08 values for each parameter, and might guide you to replicate/approximate a JP-08 patch on the System-8. But, again, these aren't going to be the original 64 patches of the Jupiter 8.

Here's a zip file with all of the JP-08 factory PRM files. You can do this on your own, even on a Mac. Just hook the JP-08 by USB, power the JP-08 on while holding patch 2 button, and there will be a JP-08 drive in Finder. Look in the Backup folder.
Moogerfoogers

Re: JP-08 Extract System Bin Resources

Post by Moogerfoogers »

I don't have a jp. Just the sys 8. That's why I asked.