Boutique MONO bug

Forum for boutique synths
dexfx69

Boutique MONO bug

Post by dexfx69 »

I've got 2 JU-06s chained, and any patch in MONO mode (not poly mode) plays the one-voice patch on BOTH synths - even tho it's only one voice. That's a big problem because the voice is then doubled, ruining the patch sound because of the doubling/phasing and the 2 units lfos have different phase starting points.

Hope Roland fixes this - it's a major oversight.
cloudburst

Re: Boutique MONO bug

Post by cloudburst »

When you say "chained" do you just mean that they are just part of a MIDI chain, or do you mean that you are occasionally using the Boutique-specific Chain function, where the 5th voice is spilled over to the next synth on the same MIDI channel?

If you are not occasionally swapping from MONO to POLY and using the Boutique-specific chaining function, then you could simply configure your second Boutique to use a different MIDI channel.

CB
dexfx69

Post by dexfx69 »

I mean using the chain mode. It's a real PITA when I play mono sounds.
cloudburst

Post by cloudburst »

Have you tried setting the first device to MIDI Channel 2 and the second (chained) device to MIDI Channel 1.

CB
dexfx69

Post by dexfx69 »

Yes, but the issue persists. I'm sure this is happening to everyone who tries to play mono patches when they've got 2 JU-06s going in chain mode. :(
cloudburst

Post by cloudburst »

Yep. Had a play around with this and think I see what you mean.

There seems to be a strange piece of logic at play, which seems to cause a conflict between the MIDI pass-thru and Boutique-chaining functionalities.

So when chain mode is set on the first Boutique it causes ALL pass-thru to be set to channel-1.

It would seem more logical that just the overflowed notes when in the POLY setting get changed to channel-1, leaving all other pass-thru functionality untouched when in SOLO or UNISON modes.

Have I got that right?

CB
dexfx69

Post by dexfx69 »

Yes, I'm surprised nobody else has talked about this issue. Big PITA!