TB-03 MIDI sync issue

Forum for boutique synths
technomind

TB-03 MIDI sync issue

Post by technomind »

Folks,

this may be a feature, but then it´s very much unwanted :) Can you help me getting this sorted out ? I hope there is just a setting I need to adjust... I tried the manual, but you know....

TB-03, latest OS installed.

Ni Maschine is MIDI clock master and outputs MIDI clock to the corresponding port.

Now while in Track Play Mode, everything works as expected: TB-03 is in sync, follows start stop commands and always follows the song position, ie it "is on 1" when the sequencer starts or restarts. Awesome.

But when in Pattern Play Mode, I get creative results I don´t always want, since the TB-03 now ignores the position. It is still synced to the tempo and follows start-stop, but when the sequencer starts, the TB-03 starts wherever it left off, ie it is not "on 1" when the sequencer starts. Restarting the sequencer quickly a few times basically let´s me step thru the pattern, while the rest of the lineup easily follows and resets.

This is nice to shift patterns around and get some variations, but it is totally annoying when trying to get reproducable results. Also, I would like to stay in pattern mode and switch things there instead of creating a track every time and then not be flexible / unable to switch patterns on the fly.

Thanks for your support !