boutique sh on 10 june

Forum for boutique synths
PugFace

boutique sh on 10 june

Post by PugFace »

I could bet on that. They say 2 new synths.
mimoid

Re: boutique sh on 10 june

Post by mimoid »

PugFace wrote:I could bet on that. They say 2 new synths.
A Boutique SH-101 seems quite likely to me. Probably a very easy thing to do, as they already have the code from the Aira, and those sliders would work perfectly in the Boutique format. Four colors to choose from...? But the name will be difficult: SH-01 would be a suitable Boutique name, but it has already been taken by that god awful Gaia.

Not sure about the second synth, unless it is a plugout JX-3P. A pretty low-hanging fruit if you ask me. Or maybe a Boutique D-50? D-05 using DCB technology?
Rijsel

Post by Rijsel »

No ! A TR-08 will appear ;-)
mimoid

Post by mimoid »

Rijsel wrote:No ! A TR-08 will appear ;-)
Oh no... Not another rehash.
kae

Post by kae »

I'd rather have a TR-10 or something like that. It's time for something new & fresh instead of keep recycling the 808/909.
Rijsel

Post by Rijsel »

kae wrote:I'd rather have a TR-10 or something like that. It's time for something new & fresh instead of keep recycling the 808/909.
Yes ! A D50 boutique for example ? :-D
kae

Post by kae »

Rijsel wrote:Yes ! A D50 boutique for example ? :-D
That would be way more exciting than more emulations of synths with 1-2 oscillator with basic waveforms. SH-101 can already be had in System-1, don't need yet another hardware for that. All this is very subjective of course :D
PugFace

Post by PugFace »

I am guessing one of the 2 synths will be a boutique. I went thru listed synths on vintage synth and the only one that grabs is the Jupiter 4 which I believe has 4 x mono about it so it makes good mono bass n leads. It's a very historic synth which is what Roland are doing under the nostalgia marketing sell. Many famous artists used it and it had that magic name compuphonic. Very retro. To be honest I'd love a Jupiter 4 boutique because vangelis had one and one of his old utube vids shows him using it.
CesarsoundOne

Post by CesarsoundOne »

It is time to release a ROMPLER Boutique, like the JD800, JV80, etc.
Myrk-

Post by Myrk- »

There's no guessing this, they made it clear with the marketing info that one is a Boutique and the other is a larger synth! :D

Curious what they will make to be honest... lots of ideas floating around, all kinda plausible... but again, one thing we know is that it's a classic legacy device, not a new invention, as that's the point in the boutique series (apart from that A-01 pos). If you wanna check, maybe watch one of the videos from the gen 1 boutique launch - at the end they showed a room filled with some old synths, implying these were on the agenda for boutiquerizing.

Pugface isn't the JP-08 is basically like a Jupiter 4, considering they limited it to 4 note polyphony... :P

The SH-101 is very plausible... if it's on system 8 basically all you are doing is sticking it in a case right? My understanding is that the System 1 and 8 use ACB tech, the same that's in all the boutiques, and why internally they all have the same mainboard.

For those saying TR-08, please just put yourself out of all your misery and get a TR-8, it's a great drum machine that does the 606, 707, 727, 808 and 909, with added benefits and the ability to mix the kits how you want. It's pure win, apart from pattern chaining.
PugFace

Post by PugFace »

I believe the Jupiter 4 is closer to a Juno 6' 60' 106. As its 1 osc n sub osc. But it had a massive thick unison mode which human league used very effectively. To be fair compared to today its decidedly ordinary in spec. You know I went thru rolands history and what stands out to me is they basically rehashed alot of synths with the same engines n just released more features on each model. But they did get that engine right. I think Roland will run out of options soon. Since the vintage bubble started with rehashes I have been watching any retro vids on utube with old gear. I listened to Tr8 and its a great sound engine. The bass captured utterly well. But I prefer experimental drum samples I have the fa and its 808 909 kits are good for just straight dump dump dump stuff. What I wud like Roland to do is something like the volca sample. But with easy Downloadable samples but with simple hands edit like the volca. The latest elektron is over priced and utterly clumsy to use. After seeing the demo videos of this.
cloudburst

Post by cloudburst »

Myrk- wrote:There's no guessing this, they made it clear with the marketing info that one is a Boutique and the other is a larger synth! :D
I missed this. Anything I saw just referred to 2 non-specific synthesizers. Can you point to a link please?

CB
Myrk-

Post by Myrk- »

Advertising images for the June 20 announcement date - it originally showed a greyed out boutique and a greyed out larger synth - the 2 they are talking about releasing - they did similar ad marketing last year too, but I've noticed they've removed the images from their website now... hmmm.

Pugface you are right - like most lines of anything the next model is usually meant to supersede the last fully, which Roland kinda did at the start, but when things went digital that idea went out the window. I mean, is a modern Jupiter 50/80 anything like an original analogue Jupiter from the 80's, apart from it's colour scheme on the top panel? I'm not sure as I don't own one, but I would guess no...
PugFace

Post by PugFace »

There's a picture of a synth on Roland's facebook page which shows in blur. it does not match any of the formats of their existing synths. A row of pots. Wheel style modulation adjustment. I think its a replacement for the FA .. i'm guessing.
rsaintjohn

Post by rsaintjohn »

PugFace wrote:There's a picture of a synth on Roland's facebook page which shows in blur. it does not match any of the formats of their existing synths. A row of pots. Wheel style modulation adjustment. I think its a replacement for the FA .. i'm guessing.
That's the RD-2000 digital piano released in January