Win 10 driver

Forum for boutique synths
darkstar679

Win 10 driver

Post by darkstar679 »

hi,

since two weeks I have a win 10 PC.

It seems that it refuse to download the drivers for the Boutiques.

Anyone an idea?
mimoid

Re: Win 10 driver

Post by mimoid »

darkstar679 wrote:hi,

Anyone an idea?
You don't need special drivers for the Boutiques. They are using standard drivers included in W10. What is it you are trying to do? If it is to open the patches for archival/restore, you need to hold down the Patch 2 button while restarting the synth (it needs to be connected to your computer with a standard USB-cable). You will then see a drive called JP-08 (or whatever Boutique you have) on the computer with all the patches in it.
cloudburst

Post by cloudburst »

mimoid wrote:
darkstar679 wrote:hi,

Anyone an idea?
You don't need special drivers for the Boutiques. They are using standard drivers included in W10. What is it you are trying to do? If it is to open the patches for archival/restore, you need to hold down the Patch 2 button while restarting the synth (it needs to be connected to your computer with a standard USB-cable). You will then see a drive called JP-08 (or whatever Boutique you have) on the computer with all the patches in it.

That's just for recognising the mass storage device.

If you want your Boutique to be recognised as an audio and MIDI device (for instance in your DAW), you need the driver.

CB
darkstar679

Post by darkstar679 »

If I start one of my Boutiques windows says, unknown device, no driver available.
I've tried to install the Win8 driver but win says, that the hashvalue is incorrect.
I should contact the hardware manufacturer.

But Roland is not able to help. They don't have install files.
Pherol

Post by Pherol »

Just to add 2 yrs later - Went round and round on this issue today, turned out the first 2 usb cables i tried were bad. The microusb cables always seem to be the crappiest of all cables...
skank86

Post by skank86 »

I had it working in the past, but now the same issue, reappeared.

JP-08 WIn 10 Bad driver.

D-05,SH-01,SE-02 Good Drivers. Only JP-08.

Used the same Usb cable to connect all of them for testing setup purposes, so bad usb cable is excluded...
Tried Win 8 drivers with no success either...
Firmware updated to latest available 3.2022
Downloaded also ROLAND Driver from Microsoft of corresponding the JP-08 Driver Id hash to no success...

When will roland Give us a proper boutiques drivers that reads JP-08, JX-03, JU-06 instead of just boutique for all the three initial production units??
AndrewHenderson

Post by AndrewHenderson »

They should just make these Class Compliant, already. No drivers needed.