TR-09 snare "Snappy" and "Tone" controls swapped?

Forum for boutique synths
rradae

TR-09 snare "Snappy" and "Tone" controls swapped?

Post by rradae »

I was playing around with my TR-09 just now and (after almost 1 year!) I noticed that the "Snappy" and "Tone" controls for the snare are swapped around.

i.e. the "Snappy" knob affects the Tone and the "Tone" one affects the snappiness.

Apologies if this "feature" has been discussed already, I could not find any mention of it in the forums :)

Has anyone else noticed it?
rsaintjohn

Re: TR-09 snare "Snappy" and "Tone" controls swapped?

Post by rsaintjohn »

I just got the TR-09 and it's the same on mine. I wish I'd checked it before doing the 1.04 update, I did that immediately. It's not a problem, I'm just curious if something changed from 1.03 to 1.04. WEIRD! I'll report it as a bug though, they're used to hearing from me, ha!
apauw

Post by apauw »

You're saying they were swapped beteen update 1.03 and 1.04? That's a good observation.

If so, I'm sure they can swap it back again.
rsaintjohn

Post by rsaintjohn »

apauw wrote:You're saying they were swapped beteen update 1.03 and 1.04? That's a good observation.

If so, I'm sure they can swap it back again.
No, I was just wondering aloud if that was the case. A lot of people never update, and this issue has never been mentioned before. So I was guessing that maybe those on 1.03 never reported the issue because they (possibly) don't have it.
dspange

Post by dspange »

I haven't noticed yet with the update, I will check my TR-09 out tonight. Good Catch !
rsaintjohn

Post by rsaintjohn »

I forgot to post back on this. In short, Roland Support replied back to me that this behavior is as-intended. So I guess that's the way it was before, and I guess that's the way it will remain. Can anyone say whether or not the original TR-909 was like this?