SE-02 octave transpose in pattern record

Forum for boutique synths
chesterlampwick

SE-02 octave transpose in pattern record

Post by chesterlampwick »

Recording a sequence with se-02. Cannot figure out how to shift the octave range while I'm step recording without plugging in to a midi controller. Tried using parameter locks, couldn't make it work. Any ideas?

EDIT: I'm using the keyboard dock, which I guess is a midi controller, but I'm limited by the range, and I don't want to have to plug into a bigger keyboard to sequence patterns.

EDIT 2: I can shift the entire pattern, but still can't escape the 25-key range within it
chesterlampwick

Re: SE-02 octave transpose in pattern record

Post by chesterlampwick »

Ahhh... you can change the note with the value knob... that's what it is... hold down the step button in SEQ-NOTE mode and turn the knob... sorry for the stream of thought post, hopefully it'll help someone
rsaintjohn

Post by rsaintjohn »

I was just getting ready to post that :D But to confirm, that is the right way, the only way I know of to easily get above/below the range provided by the available (or no) keyboard. Switching to Patch mode and bumping it an octave won't change the values sent by the keys. Use the Value knob.
tomatoKetchup

Post by tomatoKetchup »

Have to say it is a bit annoying. Hope that a future update will allow to, say, enter a note and shift its octave rather than having to scroll a note at a time.