SE-02 song chain feature request

Forum for boutique synths
chesterlampwick

SE-02 song chain feature request

Post by chesterlampwick »

I wrote a bunch of patterns on SE-02, but I can only chain 16 (with repeats per step) per song. Would love to at least be able to chain songs.
rsaintjohn

Re: SE-02 song chain feature request

Post by rsaintjohn »

Each Song slot can have up to 16 patterns. Each of those 16 patterns can have up to 100 repeats. Are you sure you really need more than that?
chesterlampwick

Well... is there a way to repeat pattern 3 after I've gone to pattern 6? I have 43 unique patterns I wanted to chain into a continuos bassline to accompany me on guitar. So for one example, I need pattern 10 to play on measure 16, 20, 28, 32, 44, 60 and 76. I don't need it to repeat right after itself at all. Is there a way to do this that I am missing?

I got it to work by stretching the sequence over multiple songs, and I can queue a song while one is playing, which is nice, but it still means I have to stop playing guitar and push a button multiple times to get through the whole thing
chesterlampwick

It's funny... with the tr-09 or tb-03, I'm limited by the number of patterns I can create within a song, but then I can arrange them and repeat them however I want to create 100+ continuos measures... and on the se-02 I can create plenty of patterns, but then I'm seemingly limited by arrangement possibilities

I would just like to be able chain songs, maybe by holding the song 1 button while pushing the song 7 button, to have it play songs 1-7 without stopping
rsaintjohn

Post by rsaintjohn »

No, you're right, I don't think it can do what you want it to do now. Might be worth dropping Product Support a line, and they might forward it to the product manager to see if it could be included in an update.