Micro USB longevity

Forum for boutique synths
iixorb

Micro USB longevity

Post by iixorb »

I now own several Boutique products and hope Roland use a high quality micro USB port; a number of our other devices with the same port (phones, tablets, ebooks etc) have become useless as these ports have snapped off internally.

This was never an issue with the sturdier Mini USB port. Yes, being smaller and becoming a Standard means that tiny devices can be equipped with USB but they are so fragile. I'm fuming at the moment because we 'lost' a second tablet to this inferior method of USB connectivity last night ( hence my motivation to post here !!)

On something as 'big' as the Boutique range, there is definitely enough space for a larger, more robust port.

Phones and tablets are generally replaced every few years, but owners of musical instruments like the Boutiques are going to expect many years of reliability.

So I do hope Roland are using a good quality component for the micro USB connection!!
jerry_merry

Re: Micro USB longevity

Post by jerry_merry »

look at the back of the boutiques - do the mini/micro data/audio connections fill you with confidence?