Hold/sustain chords indefinitely without computers/midi

Forum for boutique synths
harrisp

Hold/sustain chords indefinitely without computers/midi

Post by harrisp »

Hi all,

great to be here. I wanted to ask something. Is it possible to hold/sustain/latch on a note or a chord in jx-03 or Ju without pressing a key? I tried to achieve this with the adsr sustain and release at all the way up but the sound eventually fades. I then thought it should be nice to achieve this via the sequencer... but it is monophonic so you can hold only one note.
If there is a way around it should be nice to do this without the use of a computer... any ideas?
I know for a fact that in moog's phatties you can dummy plug a cable on the kb gate input and keep the gate open and the sound keeps playing no matter what. But I think that there is not something similar to the boutiques.
Myrk-

Re: Hold/sustain chords indefinitely without computers/midi

Post by Myrk- »

Short answer - no.

Do you have a fear of midi controllers? :P
I personally think the K-25m is quite possibly the worst, most overpriced set of keys this planet has ever experienced. They could have at least put an arpeggio circuit into the keyboard with a tiny switch or something right? I mean really they messed up by not putting the sequencer and arp into the keyboard unit so it works the same on every boutique, and gives a bit more space for the internal electronics and features. JP-08 without the sequencer could have allowed 20mm travel sliders instead of 10mm. And even then monophonic sequencer on a Jupiter really is just a big slap in the face. My advice is use a good midi controller! I'm overkill, but use a Kurzweil PC3LE7 keyboard to control boutiques as I can have 3 across 1 keybed, each with different arps and keyboard velocity maps etc... hate having to buy gear to overcome hardware design fails, but it beats just grumbling away without achieving what I want :P