SE-02 Editor release date?

Forum for boutique synths
tomkitel

SE-02 Editor release date?

Post by tomkitel »

According to Roland a editor program for the SE02 should be available in fall 2017. Any news on that anyone?
tomatoKetchup

Re: SE-02 Editor release date?

Post by tomatoKetchup »

Well spotted, should be useful. Hope it'll feature a preset manager too.

Also, I hope they are still working on improving the internal firmware. I'd love to see features like Mother 32-style sequence step-recording and the ability to loop songs!
DRockstar

Post by DRockstar »

I'm anxiously awaiting this as well... I can't stand not being able to tell where the knob positions are for the presets, including my own. It drives me nuts. I'm really hoping the VST editor will allow us to pull patches and sequences from the synthesizer so I can at least learn from what's already there and remember what I've done.

Peace,

Donovan
tomatoKetchup

Post by tomatoKetchup »

All mention of an upcoming editor have disappeared from the se02 description page. Not a good sign...
domiag

Post by domiag »

There's an unofficial editor out now from developer Momo Müller. Anyone tried it?
tomatoKetchup

Post by tomatoKetchup »

Already have the ju06 and jp08 editors from the guy. They certainly make sending/recording midi CC messages a bit simpler, but they lack some important practical functions like updating parameters to match the selected preset. Also I'm not quite sure how to clock sync my modules through them, because they steal the usb/midi Boutique ports, which prevents me from slaving them to my DAW's clock. While it's not very important on the ju06/jp08 (I don't use their internal sequencer), that would be a deal breaker on the SE02 if I can't sync its lfo/delay to my DAW.

EDIT: about my previous post, actually the editor is only mentioned on the Australian version of the SE-02 presentation page (https://www.roland.com/global/products/se-02/ - replace "global" by "au" in the address).

Also, I came across this thread on Gearslutz: https://www.gearslutz.com/board/electro ... layed.html

So maybe on the next NAMM show, fingers crossed!