No stereo?
rsaintjohn

Re: SE-02 Mono?

Post by rsaintjohn »

Correct, it is mono
anotherscott

Post by anotherscott »

and not only was the original MiniMoog mono, but if you're playing only one note at a time (which is all it does anyway), other than adding effects, how would you make that stereo even if you wanted to?

ETA: I guess in theory, one could pan different oscillators to different locations. But no, it doesn't have that function. Though I'm not sure how useful that would really be, it's not typically something monophonic (i.e. one-note) synths do. Might be interesting, though.
Myrk-

Post by Myrk- »

No its stereo audio on a monophonic synth. Where do you guys get your data from to reply to topics?! Roland website clearly states stereo, and if you owned one you'd know it's stereo sound.
marctronixx

stereo out though

Post by marctronixx »

if you use the audio input, which is stereo, on the SE-02 (say you want to run a d-05 through it :D) you MUST use a stereo cable on the SE-02s output so that in fact proves its a stereo box.

SOURCE: my own experience...
rsaintjohn

Post by rsaintjohn »

Myrk- wrote:No its stereo audio on a monophonic synth. Where do you guys get your data from to reply to topics?! Roland website clearly states stereo, and if you owned one you'd know it's stereo sound.
Good lord, try some decaffeinated, you'll live longer. I didn't look on the Roland website, I do own one, but I never checked the doc. There are no stereo effects on it, so I've just been running it out mono to a single channel of my mixer. My apologies to the OP.
marctronixx

can cause confusion...

Post by marctronixx »

rsaintjohn wrote:
I didn't look on the Roland website, I do own one, but I never checked the doc.

no disrespect,

but this is how things get misconstrued and FUD'ed on the internet--when people don't take time to read a manual or invest in learning about the instrument beyond just turning it on and playing it.

I think because your post was so emphatic
Correct, it is mono
, one would believe you and take your word as gospel.

again no disrespect, just pointing out my opinion brotha. I am happy we all have this instrument and I am sure we all love it and want to get the best out of it.
rsaintjohn

Re: can cause confusion...

Post by rsaintjohn »

marctronixx wrote:no disrespect,

but this is how things get misconstrued and FUD'ed on the internet--when people don't take time to read a manual or invest in learning about the instrument beyond just turning it on and playing it.

I think because your post was so emphatic
Correct, it is mono
, one would believe you and take your word as gospel.

again no disrespect, just pointing out my opinion brotha. I am happy we all have this instrument and I am sure we all love it and want to get the best out of it.
Fun fact: the output details are not actually in the manual, which I did read. Check it out yourself. I meant that I didn't read the spec page on the Roland website. In fact, implying that it is in the manual (and that I didn't read it) is "how things get misconstrued and FUD'ed on the internet". You proved your point.

Check my post history. I've had the SE-02 since early August, and I've spent a great amount of time here, on FB and on GS helping people with this synth and others. I made a mistake and I apologized. For you to go on and say that I haven't "invested in learning about the instrument beyond just turning it on and playing it" is mighty disrespectful, intended or not.

But your opinion is noted, so I'll spare all the pedants here at Roland Forums any further exposure to my ignorance by taking an extended break. I can love my gear just as much without wasting time here. Off to get some decaf myself.