Finding your new TR-08 complex?... R.T.O.M.

Forum for boutique synths
cloudburst

Finding your new TR-08 complex?... R.T.O.M.

Post by cloudburst »

I’ve noticed a few folk finding the TR-08 complex.

The manual isn’t great.

I thoroughly recommend reading the original TR-08 manual which explains everything a lot better.

http://cdn.roland.com/assets/media/pdf/TR-808_OM.pdf

CB
marctronixx

Re: Finding your new TR-08 complex?... R.T.O.M.

Post by marctronixx »

LOL the TR-09 was 1000 times more complex over the 08, but your post is super spot on!
therealvicz

Post by therealvicz »

Really helpful, thanks
Darkside

Post by Darkside »

Hey. It's really a true fact, that those older manuals were a thousand times better, than many modern ones, but trying to check this one out brought in front a problem, not so much for a sighted readers, but for some other folks.
So I would like to ask, is there an OCR'ed version of this original Tr-808 manual. It is important because when the text isn't recognized, screen reading software is not able to read it, as it can not read pictures and unrecognized scanned document is basically a photo.
I'm so interested in the topic, as my Tr-08 is about to arrive and it's manual is not really much of help in current state, as it's formatted like it's physical version so for my way of reading everything is quite messed up, as in those folded manuals text doesn't run in simple linear way. While looking at it visually, I guess sighted persone has no problem with simply reading another column, but when using screen reader, it simply jumps to completely different place in the middle of the text and it's quite impossible to keep track, especially while learning a new device.
The best solution to this stupid problem would be just to ask somebody to reorganize the text from the pdf manual into a coherent whole. Hopefully one day those, who write these manuals, would become more aware of situations like this and if they care enough, change something about it.
If anyone has any idea, where to send sutch request to within Roland, I would be really greatful and happy to do it. Thanx for reading and have all the fun with technology, no matter, is it analog or digital, as long as it sounds good!
tbeltrans

Post by tbeltrans »

I now have 8 of the Boutique modules, and one thing I did was to find all the manuals to the original equipment. They are all out there around the internet. They really do give a lot of background information. For my SE-02, I found the Moog Model D manual, since I read that the SE-02 is based on (but not an exact copy of) that product. It looks to be close enough.

Tony