Recommend a 2 tier stand for keyboard and 3 boutiques

Forum for boutique synths
cloudburst

Recommend a 2 tier stand for keyboard and 3 boutiques

Post by cloudburst »

I'd like to arrange 3 of my boutiques above the 61-key keyboard (a Casio CZ-5000) that I use as a controller.

It's just for use in my studio.

Currently I have the CZ-5000 sitting on a Konig & Meyer X stand. It's a model 18962, so won't accept the K&M stackers.

One option would be to buy another K&M X stand (18940) and a couple of K&M stackers (18941) to give a second tier. However, that means I's also ned to buy a black shelf which approx 100cm wide and 35cm deep and most shelving isn't this deep by default.

Does anyone have any recommendations please?

CB
RickJP909

Re: Recommend a 2 tier stand for keyboard and 3 boutiques

Post by RickJP909 »

Hi CB.

Well it's probably not quite what you're looking for but I'm about to buy this: https://kvgear.com/products/boo-3

I've been speaking to the guy that runs it in the US and they're just about to go on sale in the UK via a distribution channel as I didn't fancy getting slapped with the VAT plus the Royal Mail's admin charge.

They're ideal for me because the bottom section supports pushing a Boutique with a K-25M flush against it.

Maybe you could mount the tripple stand on a shelf above your controller? Just a thought as this stand is very versitle.

Hope that helps.

Cheers, Rick.
cloudburst

Post by cloudburst »

Thanks Rick.

I did contemplate something like that, but I'd really prefer to have my 3 original Boutiques in a row above my controlling keyboard.

Hope it works for you.

CB
howardS

Post by howardS »

Hey Cloudburst, I also wanted a custom shelf for smaller MIDI controllers a few years back so I just grabbed a piece of 3/8" plywood, cut it to the right size and painted it black. It worked great for that project. You could add velcro as well to hold everything down on the shelf.