Change JP-08 Patches with midi CC messages

Forum for boutique synths
DEVO-UK

Change JP-08 Patches with midi CC messages

Post by DEVO-UK »

Anyone have this up and running?

I used to be able to change patches on my old INtegra7 with CC messages from Logic Pro X, but have just got the JP-08 and would like to do the same.
cloudburst

Re: Change JP-08 Patches with midi CC messages

Post by cloudburst »

Yep. It’s not actually a CC message but a Program Change message. You can do this in numerous places in Logic but certainly I’ve done it in the track inspector for the external MIDI instrument track connected to your JP-08.
You can probably use automation too. Let me know if you can’t find it and I’ll check it out at the weekend when I get back home to my studio.

CB
Myrk-

Post by Myrk- »

You also have Program banks on cc00 or cc32. This could have been what you were triggering via cc before?
DEVO-UK

Post by DEVO-UK »

Myrk- wrote:You also have Program banks on cc00 or cc32. This could have been what you were triggering via cc before?
Thanks

I got this all up and running, however, having the USB plugged in brings an alien like warbling noise into the mix at my mixer.
Myrk-

Post by Myrk- »

Powering from the USB or batteries? Isn't there some grounding issue on the boutiques via USB I read about somewhere? If you want silence there you'll need to run it off batteries or get a USB grounder (I think, this speculation needs confirming by other members/internet!)
cloudburst

Post by cloudburst »

You’re right Myrk. Problem solved by batteries or a direct power source that no other device uses. Not possible in this case as user needs USB plugged into computer. Solution is powering on in the ‘force use of batteries’ mode - see my response in user’s other thread.

CB