Finding the parameters settings for the presets? (jx-03)

Forum for boutique synths
vst_twc

Finding the parameters settings for the presets? (jx-03)

Post by vst_twc »

Hey I have a JX-03 and I want to be able to see what the settings are for the presets in bank A and B. Whats the best way to do this? I know that there are JX-03 editors/librarians out there (like jimdo.com), but I think they only access bank C (the re-writable bank). I want to be able to see exactly where the knobs are set for each of the presets. Any suggestions?

So far when I find a preset that I like, I just fiddle with the knobs one by one and try to figure out where they were set to. But this seems to be really inefficient and inaccurate.
tbeltrans

Re: Finding the parameters settings for the presets? (jx-03)

Post by tbeltrans »

That is a good question, and I have been thinking about it as I play around with the modules I have. Maybe you could do a midi dump of one or more patches, but that still doesn't tell you the actual knob settings unless you can make that correlation. I do think that trying to find the knob settings by listening and comparing to the original patch is a really good way to learn your way around the synth.

Tony
GeorgeV

Post by GeorgeV »

Use the backup procedure. Get the bunch of PRM files and copy them on your computer. Open each of them in a text editor (a security warning may be displayed on MacOS but you can override it). Each param is clearly shown with it numeric value. The name of the patch is on the lowest line.
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=51148
jicamasalad

Post by jicamasalad »

GeorgeV wrote:Use the backup procedure. Get the bunch of PRM files and copy them on your computer. Open each of them in a text editor (a security warning may be displayed on MacOS but you can override it). Each param is clearly shown with it numeric value. The name of the patch is on the lowest line.
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=51148
Thanks for sharing that thread, which I had not seen - extremely useful!
Cheers