How trigger PLAY midi on TR-09

Forum for boutique synths
smitten

How trigger PLAY midi on TR-09

Post by smitten »

Hi,

I'm using TR-09 sync with Ableton Live. The problem I have is every time I hit PLAY in Ableton, the TR-09 is always trigger in STOP/COUNT when I'm in (Pattern Write Mode) It's really annoying because I want it reset at first step when I trigger PLAY in Ableton Live, I don't want the TR-09 PAUSE and continue the pattern.

How can I assign the Midi (PLAY) from Ableton to TR-09, and not trigger the (STOP/CONT) when I'm in Pattern Write Mode.

(I'm using USB cable for midi, But I don't use TR-09 as an Audio Interface.)

Cheers and Happy New Years!!!

Thanks
smitten

Re: How trigger PLAY midi on TR-09

Post by smitten »

Ok After playing a bit more, it does the same in PATTERN PLAY.

It's really weird, If I add my Hardware Instrument in LIVE and sync my TR-09, everything work fine until I add midi clip. As soon I add a midi Clip on my TR-09 or any other VST instrument in my session, the TR-09 start to to play back in Continue Mode instead of restarting at the beginning of the step sequencer each time I PLAY/STOP in Ableton.

It look like the TR-09 Sync have a problem. Anybody can help me? Is Roland will fix this problem?

Thanks
GoatDeli

Re: How trigger PLAY midi on TR-09

Post by GoatDeli »

Any solution for the TR-09's sync problem?

I have a similar problem with my TR-09, it is synced to logic pro x together with TB-03.
when I use the cycle(loop) option to work on a separated part, the TB-03 starts the cycle on time, but the TR-09 misses, it shoots another kick before it loops back with additional delay, and it is out of sync on the next loop.