HELP with MIDI in Logic Pro X

Forum for boutique synths
hafizimran

HELP with MIDI in Logic Pro X

Post by hafizimran »

Ladies and gents,

I'm pretty sure this is obvious but I can't wrap my head around it. Your advice would be highly appreciated.

I have a Roland A300-PRO MIDI keyboard and a TR-08. I connect both devices with Logic Pro X via USB.

I can create a software instrument track (for example, an electric piano sound) and play it using the MIDI keyboard just fine.

I can also create an external instrument track, hit the START button on the TR-08, and hear the drum tracks just fine.

HOWEVER, if I have both instances in the same project, I find that the software instrument track automatically plays MIDI info from the TR-08. So what I hear is the TR-08, and an electric piano in the same rhythm as the TR-08 (as if the TR-08 is triggering the electric piano). I just want the electric piano sound to be triggered by the MIDI keyboard, with the TR-08 providing the drums.

I think this may have to do with assigning the proper MIDI channels, which I have done (I think), but I bet I'm doing something not quite right.

What should I do, please? Thanks.
kal1

Re: HELP with MIDI in Logic Pro X

Post by kal1 »

I have the exact same problem. And not only that, Logic records midi on audio channels. It’s making me crazy. Did you find a solution?