unable to install D-05 drivers on windows 7 64 bit

Forum for boutique synths
KMan_The_Phantom

unable to install D-05 drivers on windows 7 64 bit

Post by KMan_The_Phantom »

Hi,

i've recently bought a D-05 and i am trying to install the drivers provided by the updates and driver section on the main roland website. when i try to install the drivers it fails and says this has happened because the driver does not have a signed digital signature, so basically i can not use the D-05 in my DAW as it needs the drivers to connect to audio and midi ports via my audio interface. I also have a JU-06 and did not have these issues when installing the drivers.

How do i fix this?
cloudburst

Re: unable to install D-05 drivers on windows 7 64 bit

Post by cloudburst »

I'm a MacOS user, so I can't test this, but I think the way you can get around this in Windows is to hit the F8 after power on until you enter the Boot Menu. Then select the option to disable driver digital signature enforcement. That setting would then be active until you reboot - ie. enough to let you install the driver.

CB
KMan_The_Phantom

thank you so much! i've just done it now and it works :)
KMan_The_Phantom

okay so it works when i temporarily disable the signature, i've disabled it permanently and it doesn't work. So does this really mean i have to run my pc in boot mode every time i want to use the D-05??? lol. that is poor....