SE-02 firmware update v1.10 is there!!

Forum for boutique synths
tomatoKetchup

SE-02 firmware update v1.10 is there!!

Post by tomatoKetchup »

Finally, Roland released a new update for the SE-02 and there a couple great features added!

It's all in there:
https://static.roland.com/assets/media/ ... ng01_W.pdf

Highlights:
An extra bank of patches, Bank D

PWM by LFO!! \o/

A real-time + step-by-step pattern recording! \o/

And now you can loop in song mode to create mega sequences!! \o/

Now let's just hope they'll release an editor/librarian. :D

EDIT: the editor is there too on Studio Electronic's website, however it's not free... :(

http://www.studioelectronics.com/produc ... 02-editor/

Also no VST integration yet, but it's coming later this year according to them. Wait and see if it's worth the asking price.
cello

Re: SE-02 firmware update v1.10 is there!!

Post by cello »

Brilliant news - and a major set of enhancements! Downloading now and $12.99 isn't much for the editor ;)
marctronixx

so dramatic with the (!!) :p

Post by marctronixx »

Exactly. 12 bux is stealing from the company AFAIC ! :p

ill grab to support them...

thanks for the heads up OP.
tomkitel

Re: so dramatic with the (!!) :p

Post by tomkitel »

marctronixx wrote:Exactly. 12 bux is stealing from the company AFAIC ! :p

ill grab to support them...

thanks for the heads up OP.
So far, 12 bux is not stealing from the compnay. The point is rather that the company was stealing 12 bux out of my wallet because the SE editor doesn't work at all on my PC (Win10). I installed it on three different Windows 10 PCs. I also tried different Midi cables. No success. It simply doesn't work. All the editor does is showing the message "Your synth module is currently not connected". I've been in touch with support on that. But they stopped answering.

Does the editor work for any SE02 user here?
marctronixx

Post by marctronixx »

since you responded to me..

i have a windows pc (win 10 creators edition) and i have ZERO issues with the editor. I downloaded it day one from reading this thread and its been fantastic.

did you even read the manual? are you using a usb cable?

when you open up the editor, you need to setup the midi Tx and Rx channels. i use a motu midi timepiece and I am using the usb cable to connect to the computer. i use the drop down boxes on the editor to select the ports (the SE-02 will show up -- again read the manual) and voila... :)

so the issue is going to be on you sport.. :p
caarrdd

Post by caarrdd »

Hey @marctronixx are you able to get the Editor Software to work with firmware v1.11?
I've recently tried installing the Editor software, and am having issues configuring the midi connection. I have all the setting on the SE-02 itself correctly set up. And when I pen the editor software I'm prompted to configure the midi settings. I rpress done and the configuration screen appears, but I get a spinning rainbow wheel (I'm on mac OSx High Sierra 10.13.6), which doesn't go away, preventing any input, and effectively freezing the software.

I've had a couple of emails from SE software support but they only suggested doing what I've already. So I wondered if it was my firmware version...