D-05 LED display question

Forum for boutique synths
mingle

D-05 LED display question

Post by mingle »

Hi guys,

Simple one:

I know the LED display on the D-05 is (unfortunately) smaller than that on the D-50, but does it still display the full, original patch-name length (via scrolling) or is it truncated?

Cheers,

Mike.
hungedu

Re: D-05 LED display question

Post by hungedu »

I was hoping that this was the case, but the end of the display does not scroll. Part of the patch names are actually cut off. Seems like a major oversight by Roland. Other than that, I love the D-05, but the shorter display really bugs me, and a simple scrolling action could have easily addressed this issue.
JBrom

Post by JBrom »

mingle wrote:Hi guys,

Simple one:

I know the LED display on the D-05 is (unfortunately) smaller than that on the D-50, but does it still display the full, original patch-name length (via scrolling) or is it truncated?

Cheers,

Mike.
Hi there! Happily, the D-05 DOES allow you to view the original patch names via scrolling if you use this simple method... There are four lit buttons under the screen. You have the option of pressing either the 1st or 4th button twice... this will lead you to the main name screen, revealing, for example, that Patch P1:61 Staccato Hea is Staccato Heaven, and P1:27 Nylon Atmosp is Nylon Atmosphere. For longer names, by pressing the 3rd button (marked F2) once or twice you can scroll forward to reveal that P1:28 Synthetic El is Synthetic Electric,P1:68 Picked Guita is Picked Guitar Duo, P1:34 Pressure Me S is Pressure Me Strings, P1:46 Pressure Me is Pressure Me Lead, P1:43 Basin Strat is Basin Strat Blues, P1:63 E-Bass and E is E-Bass and E-Piano, etc!! Obviously, pressing the 2nd button (F1) allows you to scroll backwards. Hope this helps!

James
Fourfiftyfour

Post by Fourfiftyfour »

Great tip!

The primary annoyance of the Boutique series are the little tricks and sequences you need to do with the buttons to access certain options. Menu doesn't help much but hey that's what these user forums are for!

Thanks JBrom!