SH-01A USB Cable

Forum for boutique synths
ricksterhipster

SH-01A USB Cable

Post by ricksterhipster »

Hey all,

Had a question for Roland Boutique owners regarding the USB cable. The manual states to 'Use a commercailly available USB 2.0 cable (A-micro B) to connect this port to your computer" and to not "use a micro USB cable that is designed only for charging a device / can't transmit data."

Only problem is, the ONLY micro USB cables I know of, are used for charging devices. I tried a few I had around the house, but to no avail. If those of you who use USB to connect a Roland Boutique to your computer have a cable that works, could you let me know which brand it is? Really itchin' to get it into Ableton!

Thanks in advance!
jicamasalad

Re: SH-01A USB Cable

Post by jicamasalad »

ricksterhipster wrote:Hey all,

Had a question for Roland Boutique owners regarding the USB cable. The manual states to 'Use a commercailly available USB 2.0 cable (A-micro B) to connect this port to your computer" and to not "use a micro USB cable that is designed only for charging a device / can't transmit data."

Only problem is, the ONLY micro USB cables I know of, are used for charging devices. I tried a few I had around the house, but to no avail. If those of you who use USB to connect a Roland Boutique to your computer have a cable that works, could you let me know which brand it is? Really itchin' to get it into Ableton!

Thanks in advance!
I bought a few packs of these, which work beautifully with my Mac, though I really only use them for powering from a powered hub. Different color sets match the panel graphics of your Boutique! Hope this helps!

kS

https://www.amazon.com/Boxeroo-Charging ... B01KJ17VD8