Boutique Midi out Craziness!!

Forum for boutique synths
jaywave1001

Boutique Midi out Craziness!!

Post by jaywave1001 »

Hi all

Im not new to MIDI(worked with it for years) but after extensive google searches, this one has baffled me.

When connecting the outputs of my JP-08 and JX-03 boutiques to their separate midi ports (all my external synths have their own midi in/out connections to PC) I get a crazy type of loop back and in some cases a total freeze on the synths. Even the power switch doesn't turn them off, so i have to unplug from wall.

All my synths are connected the same way but its only the two boutiques which is causing this mad problem.
Ive tried various things like setting them up in chain mode in order to transmit patches and slider movement and have swapped the leads to the PCs MIDI connections my working synths are on...but same problem!!

On a separate problem. Does anyone also have experience setting up the CTRLR MIDI controllers in Cubase?
I have the ones for the JP-08 and SuperNova and can get control going out but not able to record data coming in (just on the SuperNova and the JP-08 MIDI IN on PC is disabled because of problem above)! I will literally pay anyone to spend 5 minutes literally ticking the right boxes to get this working. (Suppose i better stick this on a separate thread)

Huge thanks in advance!!

Jay