JU-06A isn't visible on my MacBook

Forum for boutique synths
wezo00

Re: JU-06A isn't visible on my MacBook

Post by wezo00 »

**THEAD REVIVAL**
Instead of posting a new thread about the same issue, i decided to give a new life to this one.

Same issue with my JP-08.
OS 10.15.7 Catalina on MBP Early 2015

Looking for a solution. Who can help me (and maybe other)?
karltru

Post by karltru »

Hello,

I also have this problem.

however I am on Monterey 12.2.1 (Intel macbook), so maybe there are no good drivers yet? I tried the drivers for Big Sur and they didn't work. After restarting my computer and connecting the JU-06A nothing happens (can't see anything in System Preferences or in the Security panel)

Anyone know what to do?
Ilmostro

Post by Ilmostro »

If you go to the Apple Symbol (top left menu). The first item is "About This Mac", but if you hold down Alt, it will change to "System Information" (I'm sure you already knew that).

In Sys Info you can see a list of USB devices. BTW make sure the device is already on and plugged in before going to this menu.

If you can see the Boutique in the USB list that means the USB cable is good, then assuming the drivers are installed (and you probably need to check you've got the latest driver, as some were updated - https://www.roland.com/global/promos/roland_boutique/ )

Then it should appear in Audio / MIDI Setup.

MacOS MIDI.png
MacOS MIDI.png (1.11 MiB) Viewed 2569 times
karltru

Post by karltru »

Ilmostro wrote: 21:53, 15 February 2022 If you go to the Apple Symbol (top left menu). The first item is "About This Mac", but if you hold down Alt, it will change to "System Information" (I'm sure you already knew that).

In Sys Info you can see a list of USB devices. BTW make sure the device is already on and plugged in before going to this menu.

If you can see the Boutique in the USB list that means the USB cable is good, then assuming the drivers are installed (and you probably need to check you've got the latest driver, as some were updated - https://www.roland.com/global/promos/roland_boutique/ )

Then it should appear in Audio / MIDI Setup.

MacOS MIDI.png
Thanks I got it working! I changed my cable and used my USB A -> USB C adapter and then it worked for some reason.
Stupid question, but can I use the built in JU06A synth sounds when recording in Garageband for example? Or do I have to use the sounds that are in garageband..?

Edit: nvm, changed Input type and I got the built in sounds! Sweet
Ilmostro

Post by Ilmostro »

Great stuff!