Roland JP-08 MIDI is'nt working

Forum for boutique synths
NatLife

Roland JP-08 MIDI is'nt working

Post by NatLife »

hi guys!
Got my first Roland's synth and already dissapointed. MIDI just not working with 2 different synth MIDI's out and one midi keyboard and with DAW too.
i see Roland Boutique in my DAW - FL Studio, but when i add Midi Out - just no sound from it.
Same with keyboards,, when i connecting it through MIDI to JP 08, there is no sounds at all((
Firmware 1.21, updated .
I tryed to configure it on JP 08 with Holding DUAL +Patch 1-4 , still nothing works(
jicamasalad

Re: Roland JP-08 MIDI is'nt working

Post by jicamasalad »

NatLife wrote:hi guys!
Got my first Roland's synth and already dissapointed. MIDI just not working with 2 different synth MIDI's out and one midi keyboard and with DAW too.
i see Roland Boutique in my DAW - FL Studio, but when i add Midi Out - just no sound from it.
Same with keyboards,, when i connecting it through MIDI to JP 08, there is no sounds at all((
Firmware 1.21, updated .
I tryed to configure it on JP 08 with Holding DUAL +Patch 1-4 , still nothing works(

Sorry to hear you're having troubles. If you can describe step-by-step what you have patched and what your setup is and what you're trying to do the community here can try to help. MIDI certainly works on Roland Boutiques, so let's get into specifics and see if we can help you sort out your problems.
NatLife

Post by NatLife »

jicamasalad wrote:
NatLife wrote:hi guys!
Firmware 1.21, updated .

Sorry to hear you're having troubles. If you can describe step-by-step what you have patched and what your setup is and what you're trying to do the community here can try to help. MIDI certainly works on Roland Boutiques, so let's get into specifics and see if we can help you sort out your problems.
Ok, thnk you for the first.

I'm connecting MIDI OUT(each time from a different Synth's for test - Minilogue XD, Korg Krome and MIDI Keys - CME UF6) to MIDI IN in Roland JP 08 - no sound.

For PC:
I'm connected my JP-08 to PC (Windows 10). It's downloaded the driver and installed it. After - i'm updated the latest Firmware 1.21.
Next Step: In FL Studio 20 i'm giving a Port 3(MIDI OUT) - Send Master Sync, and Port 1(MIDI IN) - Enable. Adding MIDI OUT Plugin, where i'm giving a Channel 2 and Port 3, just like in this tutorial: https://youtu.be/xRRaeCw7P2Y
And if i have no any troubles with my Korg's synths before, and always it's played a sound in Piano Roll, nothing working with a Boutique.

Thnks
jicamasalad

Post by jicamasalad »

NatLife wrote:
I'm connecting MIDI OUT(each time from a different Synth's for test - Minilogue XD, Korg Krome and MIDI Keys - CME UF6) to MIDI IN in Roland JP 08 - no sound.

Thnks

So I think the first part of your test should be just to make sure that a simple setup where a master keyboard controls the JP-08 is working correctly.

First thought is to verify the MIDI channel on the JP-08, to make sure that it is receiving on the same channel you are transmitting on from the master keyboard.

While holding down the MANUAL button, press numeric button [2], which is how you set the MIDI receive channel, using the 1-16 buttons. Set this to 1, for simplicity, and verify that your master keyboard is transmitting on MIDI channel 1 and try again and let us know what is happening.

I'm also including a link to a really great "missing manual" from Sunshine Jones, which collects info about the JP-08 from many sources and puts it into a single document like Roland should have issued with the unit in the first place. This will answer more MIDI-related questions for you.

http://sunshine-jones.com/wp-content/up ... P-08-1.pdf

Best of luck!
NatLife

Post by NatLife »

Big thnk you man! Got it...but USB still giving some noise so i will buy a Hub for clear the sound.
And i already finished my soundbank for this synth :)