JP-08 Patches & Faders- 2 issues with my synth

Forum for boutique synths
Kevinthegerbil

JP-08 Patches & Faders- 2 issues with my synth

Post by Kevinthegerbil »

I picked up a used JP-08 a couple of months ago and due to my inexperience with this kind of synth i have only really identified i might have a dud.

When i purchased it i knew that 3 of the faders had LEDs that didn't work but i believed that just to be a cosmetic issue as sliding the fader still produced an effect on the patches. But now it would seem that whenever i select a default patch after a few second the indicator in the patch window registers that the patch has been modified even though i haven't changed anything. In some cases this dramatically effects the patch making it a very annoying bug.

I have tried factory resets, using the device unplugged from all midi connections, no keyboard attached and the issues with the patch modification by itself persists.

My questions are has anyone else experienced an issue with the faders that has caused this behaviour? Has anyone had this issue with perfectly good faders? Am i making some elementary mistake and i actually have a working unit??