Need help connecting tb-03 to DAW software via midi usb

Forum for boutique synths
zooitjezooitje

Need help connecting tb-03 to DAW software via midi usb

Post by zooitjezooitje »

I have connected my new tb-03 using ASIO midi/usb and now try to add a effect (plugin?) to it's output/sound using a DAW. I use reaper at the moment and am finally able to grab the sound coming from the tb-03, see the meters moving and listen to it from my laptop speaker (ASIO realtec).

For some reason the quality is very bad compared to the sound when it is coming directly from the roland (clicks, crackling sounds, low quality). I was wondering where I can find more information setting all this stuff up as currently I'm limited to trial-and-error methods.

Earlier I was able to push the tb-03 sound through waveform DAW earlier with the same low quality. After changing some settings, for some reason, I am now not able te reproduce that setup in that DAW, therefore i also installed reaper now. :-( Any help is very much appreciated, also on other DAW's as I'm just trying to make it work at the moment to start playing with it... (I have no clue about the difference between DAW's besides that i think i need the plugins).

Thanks in advance.
jicamasalad

Re: Need help connecting tb-03 to DAW software via midi usb

Post by jicamasalad »

I can't be sure about what's causing your issues, and I don't have Reaper running with my Boutiques, but it sounds like you might have a clocking issue; try to check and make sure that your Reaper session is running at the same clock rate as the TB-03; I believe all the Boutiques run at ONLY 44.1k, so you may have a situation where your Reaper session is a higher sample rate, causing clock errors.

Not sure this will help you, but it's a guess.

All the best,
kS
zooitjezooitje

Re: Need help connecting tb-03 to DAW software via midi usb

Post by zooitjezooitje »

Thanks. After many issues and trial and error sessions it turns out it is my laptop battery that is the problem for some reason :-( I replaced the battery a long time ago because it failed. The manufacturer unfortunately no longer produces theses so i had to buy a unofficial battery, what causes an error every once in a while. If that is trigered in my laptop the music gets messy and i need to restart reaper :-(