JU-06A K-25M Keyboard Octave

Forum for boutique synths
ashsumo

JU-06A K-25M Keyboard Octave

Post by ashsumo »

Hi,

At the moment I am changing the octave of my K-25M keyboard with JU-06A by pressing note and then pressing 13 and 14. It works fine but I’ve read through the whole manual and couldn’t find any other way anywhere. I just wondered if there is an easier way to change octave with K-25M

Cheers,

Sumo
LeoMidimusic

Re: JU-06A K-25M Keyboard Octave

Post by LeoMidimusic »

Does it work for extern units with midi too ? Like playing the k25m in diffrerent octaves ?
horacewimp

Post by horacewimp »

unfortunately there is no other way to change the octave on the K-25m. The key contacts go directly to the plug, the keyboard does not pass more information, it is a pure passive array of keys/switches.

Roland would have to change the firmware of all boutiques if they wanted to implement a simple, uniform way to transpose the octave.

So you have to use the cumbersome method of different key combinations or menus (D-05 etc..) for every single boutique, if you want to transpose it.
And I think that's why it won't be possible for Roland to offer a bigger keyboard for the Boutiques, at least not for the connection via this connector.
Bahamas

Post by Bahamas »

Just get a Novation Launchkey Mini, will save you money and hassle