Sh-01 Arpeggiator midi control

Forum for boutique synths
gafaell@hotmail.com

Sh-01 Arpeggiator midi control

Post by gafaell@hotmail.com »

Hi, friends,

I just bought a Sh-01 and trying to learn from all of you.

Is there any way to activate the arpeggiator from midi ? Only by pressing one of the physical 3 buttons ?

I saw no cc# to trigger it externally.

If I send via usb a realtime message, will it activate the seq, the arpeggiator or both ?

Thank you. :)
jicamasalad

Re: Sh-01 Arpeggiator midi control

Post by jicamasalad »

I have not tried this in a while, but I believe that the SH-01A will absolutely start playing the sequencer from a MIDI "play" or "Start" command, but I don't believe there is a start control for the arpeggiator. If you are not already familiar, Sunshine Jones has great "Missing Manuals" (meaning greatly improved) manuals for many pieces of Roland gear. Check it out here:

http://sunshine-jones.com/sh-01a-the-mi ... ue-sh-01a/

Best of luck!

kS
gafaell@hotmail.com

Post by gafaell@hotmail.com »

Thank you very much. Nothing in the manual about starting arpeggiator externally.

Also no way of changing patrons via midi.

:(
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

Correct,
there is no MIDI command for starting the Arp. That must be started by the keys (one or more) touch...yes, there is a workaround to allow the first note to be arpeggiated as well, as follows:
- Press and hold the DOWN, U & D or UP buttons, and while pressing one of them, touch on the top of the C1 ribbon controller.
- That will enable the first note to be Arpeggiated (useful for Bass lines, for example)
- Conversely, if you want to disable the function and NOT allow the first note to be heard, While pressing one of the Arp Buttons (Down, U&D, UP), touch on the bottom side of C1 ribbon controller

Also, there is no MIDI command to change the Seq Paterns. For that a SysEx message will be needed, but as the SH-01A does not respond to SysEx messages, that is not currently possible.

Cheers,
PauloF