MIDI CC Feature Requests - Please Comment?

Forum for boutique synths
slim_pkns

MIDI CC Feature Requests - Please Comment?

Post by slim_pkns »

I think a lot of us here (and all owners of Roland Boutiques) would REALLY like to see a firmware update that includes a MIDI CC for pattern change. These days, so many of us are using MIDI to control these devices and to have a sequence change together between the TB-03, SH-01a, and JU-06a, etc. would be really valuable and make these machines so much more powerful for live performance. I LOVE the physical size and they sound fantastic. I think we can all agree that two hands just aren't enough to fade things out, press the next track buttons, then get faders up again and keep the groove going vs. having a pattern change over MIDI through your favorite MIDI controller (mine is the MC-707 Groovebox)

I hope everyone will add their comments to this thread in the hopes of Roland product development team seeing customer interest.

Thanks!!!
Snowman22

Re: MIDI CC Feature Requests - Please Comment?

Post by Snowman22 »

Hi slim_pksn,
And thanks for answering my thread about MIDI program change in chaining mode. At least I know now that I am not the only one in this situation and that it is not due to a malfunction. The strangest thing about it is that when connected in MIDI the slave module does respond to program change if the chaining mode is not engaged. Once it is active, it stops working.

I fully agree with you: it would be nice if Roland would correct this issue in a new firmware update. It would make these already very nice machines even more powerful and easy to use, especially for live performance.

Lets hope lots of other users will express such a wish.

Regards
slim_pkns

Post by slim_pkns »

Thanks for adding your input!!!!

Anyone else?????
slim_pkns

Post by slim_pkns »

Isn't there anyone else hoping the line of Roland Boutique synthesizers get a MIDI control firmware update so that we can send a patch or sequence change from other device?
TheCase

Post by TheCase »

+1
DJ White

Post by DJ White »

I would like to see an update to firmware on the SH01a so that the user can easily see when sounds have been dumped in or out. Maybe something live "tra" and "rec" in the LCD when sounds have been sent or received.
GMayle

Post by GMayle »

Agreed, that would be a good update. Another one I thought of was to be able to 'play' the sequence, to change the pitch of the sequence by holding a different key. To the best of my knowledge you can't do this on the Boutiques (the TB-03 does have Pitch Mode), but you can do this on the Monologue, Minilogue, Minilogue XD. I often use a Monologue to play pitchable 303 sequences, would be good to be able to do it on the JP-08, JX-03 etc
bonerton

Post by bonerton »

+1 Would love to be able to change patterns via midi on the TR09
skank86

Post by skank86 »

+1

I would love to be able to STORE CC's in the sequencer data as well...
All boutique would need a similar update that adds a LIVE RECORD mode.
It would be totally doable, just needs some testing not to break things, but it would
be a godsend...