Future boutiques

Forum for boutique synths
Monochrome Echo

Re: Future boutiques

Post by Monochrome Echo »

I would love a boutique JV 1080/2080 with the expansion boards included, a bit like they did with the D-05.
I know you can pick up an original for less money than a boutique (excluding the expansion cards obviously) but having USB connectivity for audio and midi and expanded polyphony would make it such a great tool in the studio. And a proper multi-timbral boutique with GM built in would be amazing
Monochrome Echo

Post by Monochrome Echo »

I would LOVE a boutique JV 1080 with the expansions included; a bit like they did with the D-05 which I use all the time.
The convenience of having audio/midi over USB and a proper multi-timbral boutique would be amazing.
Been crossing my fingers for this since the D-05 came out 🤞
AndrewHenderson

Post by AndrewHenderson »

Yes, that was a concept design from Stormchild, a Japanese user. It really is quite a nice mock up and he is a really good guy to talk with.
Bahamas

Post by Bahamas »

This is just a matter of time, right?

https://youtube.com/shorts/d8lC_a4g7E0

Still needs a 727 integration though
Bahamas

Post by Bahamas »

Hardware version is just a matter of time, right?

https://youtube.com/shorts/d8lC_a4g7E0

Still needs a 727 integration though
AndrewHenderson

I still have my hardware 707, but would love a Boutique version, with the 727 included. The 707 is really big and bulky and I always wanted a 727, but won't pay $800, like they are being asked for now. both in one, with a smaller footprint, would be awesome. Being that this is all digital, it would be pretty easy to implement I would think. I would buy one, day 1, especially if there was built in effects and the functionality found in the TR-06.
GMayle

Post by GMayle »

MC-202 would be nice. Can't quite understand why nobody's remade it. A pukka Space Echo, with MIDI sync, a spring reverb (not the crappy original), and some Shimmer/Riser reverbs, and an added 'Beefer-Upperer", a compressor of some sort.
GMayle

Post by GMayle »

Space Echo - Just a thought, is there any reason why a Boutique Space Echo couldn't also work as 256 patch MIDI controlled sampler? A mix of the SP404 and Space Echo in one Boutique box, with trigger button for live playing, and K25 keyb dock for playing samples. That'd sell like toilet rolls in a Covid epidemic 😁
Philip51

Post by Philip51 »

Jupiter-6❤️‍🔥❤️‍🔥❤️‍🔥❤️‍🔥
JU-08a... (a visually more like the original and also in abilities, more than the original)
skank86

Post by skank86 »

Philip51 wrote: 08:14, 18 June 2023 Jupiter-6❤️‍🔥❤️‍🔥❤️‍🔥❤️‍🔥
JU-08a... (a visually more like the original and also in abilities, more than the original)
JUPITER 4 or 6!!!! BUT IF THEY DO NOT FIX THE JP-08 DRIVERS and the Usb class compliant thing FOR GOOD,
I would rather sell All of my Boutiques than buying a Jupiter 6 boutique!! If they can still retain their price....

Of course this WOULD NOT BE A PROBLEM IF THEY WOULD COME WITH STANDARD AC POWER, and a STANDARD SD CARD
that YOU CAN USE TO DO BACKUPS and other stuff....!!! Being reliant for almost everything on a USB connection, that
IS NOT USB CLASS COMPLIANT, and fxxx UP the support DRIVERS for ALL THREE of the initial boutique Synths (JP08 JX03 JU06)
with no alternatives than running an outdated system (M2 Macs will not work) is a pretty big deal.

I own the JP-08 and it has some of the worst NOISE to signal ratio I ever heard.
Midi Lag of 15 to 25 ms which is quite horrible when trying to play it live.
No Round Robin Midi chain when Polymode.
CPU run only at 44.1 Khz, which is a Joke.

WHAT IT SHOUD DO:

In the DIGITAL compartment:
It should run at 48 Khz minimum, with 96 Khz at least possible, with
maybe reduced polyphony. We are talking of the best sounding Analog Synth on the 80's.

Going HYBRID ANALOG and Digital.
FULL ANALOG 4 VOICES and OPTION TO ADD others AFTERWARDS ( Like the Original OB-X), one by one, with PATCH BAYS.
An HYBRID ANALOG FILTER AND AMP SECTION!!!! Those two things Does not need excessive space nowadays...
All boutiques are VERY LOW VOLUME! An analog AMP section would do quite a lot!!
CV and GATE input, even if the original did not have it.
An SD CARD for SYSTEM BACK UP, Patch and patters savings (make it future proof for driver dependance)
AC POWER input, and a EARTH LIFT SWITCH to break GROUND LOOP noise, and SEVERE USB NOISE suppression testing before release.
skank86

Post by skank86 »

GMayle wrote: 11:35, 9 April 2023 Space Echo - Just a thought, is there any reason why a Boutique Space Echo couldn't also work as 256 patch MIDI controlled sampler? A mix of the SP404 and Space Echo in one Boutique box, with trigger button for live playing, and K25 keyb dock for playing samples. That'd sell like toilet rolls in a Covid epidemic 😁
They released two pedals Digital Space echos...
They look awful, but sound nice.

I don't know if they are full digital or they have some analog part in them.
They should go some Hybrid route.
making a Space echo today with Behringer soul would cost half of a boutique.
I hope Roland takes their customers seriously if they make a nice looking unit in a boutique fashion.
They should seriously thinking about AC implementation, and ANALOG AMP and PRE-AMP section, plus
14 bits and 96Khz on the Digital side of things AND 4X SAMPLING id it's another Joke made to Fool
people into buying a quality product when it's not even at ACB levels or VST's counterparts..
GMayle

Post by GMayle »

Cheers for reply. Actually I'm a big fan of ACB. But I'm less a fan of VSTs, prefer hardware, personally. Behringer are remaking the analogue stuff for those who want it (many people). I quite like Roland's 'ACB take', and reckon they could make some new stuff with it, the like of which you couldn't make with analogue circuits. With ACB you can manufacture altering characteristics of an 'analogue' circuit that couldn't exist in reality. ACB could be used to make synths of great character, for example, where you choose weird circuit behaviour to Env, Osc or Filter, that the physics wouldn't allow with analogue. And then store it as a patch, and make another one with different weird behaviour. They could use ACB for much more than emulations. But as emulations go, as stated earlier, an MC202 would be nice
farrellart

Post by farrellart »

3ardrone wrote: 21:40, 28 October 2021 What Roland Needs for Boutique Line:

A 16 channel Mixer similar to MX-1 with powered MIDI inputs.

For Drum Machines -
Create an adapter that you could plug in via USB to your Drum Machine.
This would support standard 1/4 inch line outs allowing you to fully emulate
the original instruments multi outs.

Roland could probably solve this with a Device like the Mx-1.
A Boutique form factor mixer would be a very welcomed addition, I would buy it....but, I worry there isn't a USP for it apart from the size. A mixer is a mixer and there are loads out there.
jicamasalad

Post by jicamasalad »

With the new ACB version of the CR-78 in the TR drum machines, is it possible there will be a CR-078?

Still hoping for a Jupiter 4 or alphaJuno.

Boutiques have historically been announced at this time of year, so who knows...
AndrewHenderson

With their terrible track record of firmware updates and bug fixes on the current Boutiques, I couldn't care less what they come out with. I am done with Roland and their new releases.