Future boutiques

Forum for boutique synths
jakeg70888

Future boutiques

Post by jakeg70888 »

Does anyone know if Roland has any future releases planned for the boutique line? I’d love a 707/727 boutique.
AndrewHenderson

Re: Future boutiques

Post by AndrewHenderson »

Same! The current Cloud releases, rolled into a hardware box, with the features of the TR-06, such as per step velocity, probability, send effects, etc.

I would buy this day 1 and then get a Decksaver cover for it, too! Let us help push along this struggling economy!

;)
jakeg70888

Post by jakeg70888 »

Hell ya
jicamasalad

Post by jicamasalad »

I'd love more Boutiques as well - off the top of my head a Jupiter 4 would be fantastic, and hey, everyone could stop complaining about the Boutiques only having four voice polyphony for that one!

Let's hope it's not the end of this fun product line...

kS
Dark_Element

Post by Dark_Element »

I love the Boutiques too..... really don't care for the Cloud product: I want to own hardware!!

Seems like they sold really well, maybe with the exception of the SE-2 (I could be wrong about that).
For a little while they appeared to want 3rd parties to make "designer" Boutiques, I never really understood that. It was all about getting circuit accurate legacy synths. I'd have loved to see a Jupiter 4 or 6.

I think they shot themselves in the foot with the last Boutiques, they just weren't what people were hoping for (IMO).
I didn't get a JU-06a, I already had a JU-06. I'd have been happy to buy a discrete JU-60 Boutique, but it's a turn off for half the new boutique to be the same as the older model.
I think they also screwed themselves by not releasing a note stealing fix to the firmware. I have multiples of the Boutiques I own, and it's not a big issue for me, but it is a good excuse for some not to buy.

Why didn't we get a Boutique JD-800? Sure it had a lot of sliders and buttons. You could do it with a double wide Boutique. I'd buy that. Heck build a "super boutique" the size of a regular desktop module. I'd buy it.
Such a big wish list people have, why not have a poll and see which one people want to buy most and build it. Simple. No risk.

Well, that's Roland for ya.

-DE
jakeg70888

Post by jakeg70888 »

I’m glad I’m not the only one who really enjoys these. I’ve never used their original versions but there’s something so satisfying about creating music using actual hardware. It’s amazing to use a hybrid setup too. I have a tr-08, tb-03, and ju-06a. I’ll write the drum and bass parts right on the 08 and 03, then send midi to the 06a for main progressions from my computer because I’m a terrible piano player haha.I’ll use the sliders to then find the sound. This is a great way to get additional voicing as well. Write 6 voice chords using midi and record one track with 4 chords and another with 2. I’d love to expand my setup with more stuff, especially percussion. Here’s hoping!!!
3ardrone

Post by 3ardrone »

What Roland Needs for Boutique Line:

A 16 channel Mixer similar to MX-1 with powered MIDI inputs.

For Drum Machines -
Create an adapter that you could plug in via USB to your Drum Machine.
This would support standard 1/4 inch line outs allowing you to fully emulate
the original instruments multi outs.

Roland could probably solve this with a Device like the Mx-1.
jakeg70888

Post by jakeg70888 »

That would be dope
AndrewHenderson

3ardrone wrote: 21:40, 28 October 2021 What Roland Needs for Boutique Line:

A 16 channel Mixer similar to MX-1 with powered MIDI inputs.

For Drum Machines -
Create an adapter that you could plug in via USB to your Drum Machine.
This would support standard 1/4 inch line outs allowing you to fully emulate
the original instruments multi outs.

Roland could probably solve this with a Device like the Mx-1.
Damn, now this sounds neat. I would buy that in a heartbeat!

Anyone with connections to Roland, to help pass along this idea?
Ethermynd

Post by Ethermynd »

Let us try and revive this thread, with a probably provocative proposal for the Roland engineering and management: what about a boutique XV-05, that is a portable replica of the XV-5080, the last machine in the 1990s multi-timbral Rompler lineage?

I guess that a similar entry in the Boutique line would be a huge success, being extremely useful for people making music on-the-go or live, with just a lightweight tablet or a convertible 2-in-1 computer as a Midi center for controlling complex musical arrangements, without much computational power available to manage virtual instruments reliably.

In my opinion, the key features of this unit would be: 1) keeping the 128 voices/32 parts architecture of the original, 2) taking advantage of updated DA converters for an even better sonic image, 3) trying to replicate in some way the screen editing functions on the small Boutique panel, 4) providing at least a part of the famous and still wanted added waveforms of the 1990s expansion cards, 5) offering some kind of link option, for the complete integration of two synthesizers in a 256 voices system.

I don't think that either DSP processing power or RAM amount would be a problem these days, even within the budget constraints of the digital components in a Boutique unit. The only perplexity I would possibly envisage on Roland's part is that such a compact multi-timbral workhorse might be seen as an Integra 7 killer. In my opinion that would not make much sense, since the Integra has a wide gamut of different and sophisticated sonic engines, plus twice the polyphony (not to mention that buying two of this prospected XV-5080 in Boutique format would cost around 800 or 900, therefore quite close to the price of an Integra 7 on the used market).
jicamasalad

Post by jicamasalad »

Well, now that we have an ACB "plug-out" version of the Jupiter 4, does anyone else think there's a chance of a Boutique Jupiter 4? As I previoulsy mentioned, I think it would be a great fit for the Boutique series, and the plug-out version has some interesting new features playing with virtual trimmer mods and ageing which could be quite fun ported over to a Boutique. And, as noted, no one would have to complain about only 4 voices, so it could stay ACB!

Who's with me?
Dark_Element

Post by Dark_Element »

jicamasalad wrote: 17:28, 23 June 2022 Well, now that we have an ACB "plug-out" version of the Jupiter 4, does anyone else think there's a chance of a Boutique Jupiter 4? As I previoulsy mentioned, I think it would be a great fit for the Boutique series, and the plug-out version has some interesting new features playing with virtual trimmer mods and ageing which could be quite fun ported over to a Boutique. And, as noted, no one would have to complain about only 4 voices, so it could stay ACB!

Who's with me?
I'm really hoping we get one, and hoping we get a stereo Jupiter 6 version also.

ACB all the way!!! Not into Xen-Core.
Max303

Post by Max303 »

We definitely need a 707/727 Boutique
AndrewHenderson

Max303 wrote: 20:41, 11 September 2022 We definitely need a 707/727 Boutique
This! I have an OG 707, but it is quite large, so a smaller form factor, would be great. I have always wanted a 727 as well. Both in one, would be FANTASTIC!

Both are just samples, so it should be pretty easy to pull off, while sounding genuinely legit.
Bahamas

Post by Bahamas »

Another vote for the TR-07. There's even a dedicated thread @ gearspaceslutz with fully-fledged models et al.

TR-07S-Concept.png
TR-07S-Concept.png (20.13 KiB) Viewed 2654 times
imgext.png
imgext.png (119.93 KiB) Viewed 2654 times