JU-06A How to disable the sequencer auto start when syncing to Ableton

Forum for boutique synths
gratoo

JU-06A How to disable the sequencer auto start when syncing to Ableton

Post by gratoo »

I'm using USB as my MIDI clock source to sync the JU-06's arpeggiator with Ableton Live 11. However the JU-06A's sequencer automatically starts playing whenever I hit the play button in Ableton. Is there a way to disable this? I only want to sync the tempo not the sequencer start/stop.
johntopley

Re: JU-06A How to disable the sequencer auto start when syncing to Ableton

Post by johntopley »

gratoo wrote: 23:33, 25 April 2022 I'm using USB as my MIDI clock source to sync the JU-06's arpeggiator with Ableton Live 11. However the JU-06A's sequencer automatically starts playing whenever I hit the play button in Ableton. Is there a way to disable this? I only want to sync the tempo not the sequencer start/stop.
It’s annoying, isn’t it. All the Boutiques do it. There’s no way I know of to disable it. You need to edit the first sequencer pattern so it’s empty.
astrL

Post by astrL »

johntopley wrote: 06:47, 11 May 2022
gratoo wrote: 23:33, 25 April 2022 I'm using USB as my MIDI clock source to sync the JU-06's arpeggiator with Ableton Live 11. However the JU-06A's sequencer automatically starts playing whenever I hit the play button in Ableton. Is there a way to disable this? I only want to sync the tempo not the sequencer start/stop.
It’s annoying, isn’t it. All the Boutiques do it. There’s no way I know of to disable it. You need to edit the first sequencer pattern so it’s empty.
Is this really the only solution?
spacekangoo

Post by spacekangoo »

yes ... unfortunatly ☹️