Saving settings on JX-08

Forum for boutique synths
nattyadams

Saving settings on JX-08

Post by nattyadams »

Hello,

I may be a complete fool and missing something obvious here, but how do I save part settings so they're recalled when the unit is powered off and then back on again? I am setting the volume for Part A at 90, but when I turn it off and turn it on again it's back to 70. I couldn't find any sort of setting save function other than just pressing the value knob either online or in the manual. Am I a complete fool for not understanding this?
horacewimp

Re: Saving settings on JX-08

Post by horacewimp »

This is all stored in the sequences (patterns), they are the "performance memory" of the JX-08. Pattern 1-1 is activated after switching on.
AndrewHenderson

Post by AndrewHenderson »

This is annoying. Same thing on the JD-08. I really wish it would boot to the last used patch. I love this on my older Romplers, coming right back to where I left off, for quick and easy loading.

If this could be made possible, I would be quite pleased.
GMayle

Post by GMayle »

Yes, I found this a bit baffling too. It isn't intuitive to select or save the sequences that recall the patch multis that you've made. And the number of sequences is limited too, wheras there are 256 tones. It's probably in keeping with the original JX-8P, but it would be great to have a simpler overall-save system and more performance-save locations (512?), especially with a synth that makes so many fantastic sounds. It would be nice if the Arp settings could be switched to 'Per Patch' mode and recalled with the patch or performance. Only one other moan, the synth has a keypress 'sequence start'. In this mode can the JX-08 be made to play the sequence at the root of the key pressed (a firmware update to do that), ie play the sequence at different root pitches depending on the key pressed (like the Minilogue XD)?