TR-09 / TR-08 - No firmware update since ages

Forum for boutique synths
phrank

TR-09 / TR-08 - No firmware update since ages

Post by phrank »

I just wondering, after I donwnloaded the new driver for my Mac OS 13, there isn't any new firmware since 3-4 years.
I wish Roland would improve the UBC output channels from 4 to 10 single USB digital outputs. Roland likes to sell new little toys like the T-8, but doesn't really care about the older ones.

Any news or rumors about that?
AndrewHenderson

Re: TR-09 / TR-08 - No firmware update since ages

Post by AndrewHenderson »

I agree. There never really has been an update since release. I think only one release came out and nothing since. Roland are always terrible for firmware updates. There is a bug in the JD-08 for 1.5 years now, that still isn't fixed.

Roland is all about making 'new money', not giving to those that already gave them 'old money'.
Bahamas

Post by Bahamas »

AndrewHenderson wrote: 23:10, 21 March 2023 I agree. There never really has been an update since release. I think only one release came out and nothing since. Roland are always terrible for firmware updates. There is a bug in the JD-08 for 1.5 years now, that still isn't fixed.

Roland is all about making 'new money', not giving to those that already gave them 'old money'.
The JD-08 is a synth trap beyond redemption. Check out the pinned comment on this video: https://youtu.be/zT3I6Cki1QQ

We need more reviews like this and less of the sponsored bs
skank86

Post by skank86 »

phrank wrote: 15:53, 21 March 2023 I just wondering, after I donwnloaded the new driver for my Mac OS 13, there isn't any new firmware since 3-4 years.
I wish Roland would improve the UBC output channels from 4 to 10 single USB digital outputs. Roland likes to sell new little toys like the T-8, but doesn't really care about the older ones.

Any news or rumors about that?
Yeah, the like their little new toys!!
I like them too...
Like the Aira S-1... and that Record button...
Whilst our Boutiques can not even enable a record mode in order to store CC messages...
I would not say it is trivial to ask for something like yours, or mine...
But if they didn't map the controls to Midi CC, it was a big mistake...
And it should have been fixed a long ago...
skank86

Post by skank86 »

I have a M2 mac mini with Ventura 13.4

Tr06, 08, 09, 02, SH01A old drivers works without any issue
JP-08 however is not working anymore (it did with Monterey)
JP-08 does not even appear as a drive anymore pressing patch num 2 and power up the unit...
I contacted Roland, hopefully they will look into the issue.

M2 Mac mini 8gb