Who's the clock boss?

Forum for boutique synths
djswett

Who's the clock boss?

Post by djswett »

Yo hello!

I'm using three Boutiques (Tr08, SH01, JU06a), all with my MacBook running Ableton and an SSL2+ Interface. I create an aggregate device to rout it all into LIVE, and the clock options are SSL, and the boutiques. I've been playing around with different options to designate the clock master, and I'm feeling like TR08 is the most stable. But not 100% sure. I'm trying to pinpoint the culprit for the occasional glitches and sound crackles that come suddenly when performing. Argh.
Also in the aggregate device on the Mac, I'm not sure wether the drift correction buttons should be checked for all devices, including the interface.
Any ideas, advice, or suggestions are welcomed. Pleeease...

Bryan
djswett

Re: Who's the clock boss?

Post by djswett »

This forums are like the Saharan desert of the World Wide Web....
Mac808

Post by Mac808 »

It should be checked for everything but the first device
djswett

Post by djswett »

Deleted by author
djswett

Post by djswett »

djswett wrote: 02:51, 6 October 2023
Mac808 wrote: 19:50, 1 September 2023 It should be checked for everything but the first device
In my long sessions testing various configs, I found that SSL as clock master with drift correction un~checked in the Mac’s aggregate device, then the boutiques, all checked, works best.
It has been pretty steady in my system. No more clicks and pops…. unless I star running bunch of other softsynths and sending midi back and forth through the micro USB’s. I’m mainly using the sequencers and arpegios of the boutiques. The delay compensation in ableton is not super trustworthy. It changes with time and moving things around Live throws it out of sync.

Why do I write this. And if a tree falls in the empty forest does it make a sound?

Peace.