XV 5050 Patches in Fantom X ?

Other Roland synthesizers, modules, keyboards, etc.
LoopyFruit

XV 5050 Patches in Fantom X ?

Post by LoopyFruit »

Hi

Is it possible to get the same Patches/Performances from an XV5050 loaded into the Fantom X/XR ? and would they sound near enough the same ?

I have 2 XV5050's one that I do the Programing/Mixing with in the Studio (bedroom) with Sonar 3 on a Desktop PC I then copy the Sonar Projects to a Laptop with Sonar and use the second XV5050 for Gigging in my live rack.

If I can get the same XV5050 Patches/Performances into the Fantom X/XR I could then sell the Studio XV5050 and would feel alot better about the extra expence of the Fantom.

Hope you understand me.

Thanks

Loopy
nsheldon

Re: XV 5050 Patches in Fantom X ?

Post by nsheldon »

Though the XV-5050 patches are not presets on the Fantom-X, Roland has provided a converted library of all the XV-5080 (not the XV-5050) patches for use on the Fantom-X. This converted patch library is available free from the Roland US web site in the Fantom-X6 (or X7 or X8) page of the Keyboards section in the Keyboards and Synth Modules section of the Support section. I don't know how closely the converted patches are to the original XV-5080 patches as I've not yet tried them out, but I imagine they are very close indeed.

Regards,

Nathan Sheldon
http://www.nathansheldon.com/
LoopyFruit

Re: XV 5050 Patches in Fantom X ?

Post by LoopyFruit »

Thanks Nathan much appreciated