Does Anyone have SRX-03 (Studio SRX)?

Other Roland synthesizers, modules, keyboards, etc.
Red Winger

Does Anyone have SRX-03 (Studio SRX)?

Post by Red Winger »

If so, what do you think? I really like the "Blues Grunge," "Atk Flute," trumpet and various other patch demos that were on the interactive demo.

Cheers,
RW

It is not how loud you make it, it is how you make it loud. Bob Katz
noisemaker

Re: Does Anyone have SRX-03 (Studio SRX)?

Post by noisemaker »

I'm using the Strings, Orchestra and Studio Board. I find I use the Studio board sounds the least. If ever I'm inclined to need to lose a board for something better the Studio board would probably be the one to go.

To my ears:
The blues Grunge is OK, but I'm a bit spoiled by the Motif's Grunge Guitars so my accessment may not be fair. Same goes for th Atk Flute. Motif's is quite good. On both counts these are pretty good but not killer. On Trumpets I really like the Muted sounds like "Mutes to Go".

What I do like are some of the more "ethnic" flutes like Amazone & Peru Heights. I like the acoustic guitars of South of the Border and Flamenco Guitar (allthough I have yet needed to use them) I prefere the B3's on this board to the stock Fantom S ones, so I would miss those if I took this board out.

Anyway that's my take on the Studio Board.
Hope I haven't confussed the issue for you.

http://mp3.com/noisefuljoy
E.Camargo

Post by E.Camargo »

As I've mentioned on this forum, the "5*s" sounds of this board are the basses and jazz guitars, particularly the octave jazz.
There's also the "Studio1 kit" wich has a single drum set wich is very much for this board. Other snare sounds sound like a rehearsal rom and, to my ears, they ar not great studio sounds.
Percussions are the compensation of the rhythm sets.
Just to reenforce: There are many things to select and transport with you, and many things to leave out from this board.

Though the sounds seem to be a bit flash back, get the "SRX-07" and you'll be happyer.

Peace - Edu Camargo
noisemaker

Post by noisemaker »

E.Carmargo
Yes, that Octave Jazz is a great patch.

http://mp3.com/noisefuljoy
Red Winger

Post by Red Winger »

Thanks, guys. That's very helpful. I already have SRX-07, so I agree with you there, Edu: it's a great board to have. I'm just thinking about ways to expand the waves I have to choose from for patch creation as well as the number of presets for backing tracks. I have three available slots to do so! Woo-hoo! :-)

Anyway, I'm strongly leaning towards picking up Supreme Dance and maybe the Strings boards now, leaving one slot open for future expansion. I was curious about the Studio board, though.

Noise, I hear you on the Motif comparisons. However, at the moment anyway, I don't have a Motif or Motif Rack. So, other than soft synths/samplers, I'm looking for ways to add additional variety to the FS presets.

Anyway, thanks again for proving why I love this board. There's nothing better than actual user advice and experience.

Cheers,
RW

It is not how loud you make it, it is how you make it loud. Bob Katz
Nkredible

Post by Nkredible »

i have the studio board also...i use it alot actually..VERY nice electric guitars...theres a few presets that are worth buying the board alone (in my opinion atleast)..i like the "pastoral" preset and the "Mod Sfz" horn...i think the card is good if u want good elect guitars, basses, and horns..

www.nkredible.net
www.soundclick.com/nkredibletracks