I need FX samples!

Other Roland synthesizers, modules, keyboards, etc.
MAK-90

I need FX samples!

Post by MAK-90 »

Anyone know of a good website that offer sound FX samples for download? I'm looking for a sample of soldiers marching that would go great with my current project. There's this "20th Century Fox FX" cd with over 1300 FX samples I'd like to get....but for $600???.....I'll keep looking :P

Turn that knob just a taaad bit more
rokamic

do sum sampling

Post by rokamic »

i hope artemio don't kick me off for this, and i do not encourage audio theft in any way, shape, or form but i do believe in the freedom of speech so i well let you in on a way to get samples you need. go to one of those audio sample retail sites. i will not name one but there are a few. some even let you listen to their samples before you buy them! and the fantom-s has a sampler. hint hint. get a 1/8th in jack to sterio RCA wire then hook it from the back of your computer to the fantom-s then you can sample audio till your heart's content hope this helps

get ready by cocken it/ set if off by poppen it off/ in the crowd shells dat pop loud/ get em hoppen
Red Winger

Re: I need FX samples!

Post by Red Winger »

"i do not encourage audio theft in any way, shape, or form but i do believe in the freedom of speech..."

Well, I agree with your statement entirely, but, for someone that doesn't encourage audio theft...you just did. Most of those sites restrict use of their streaming samples just for auditioning, not for actual resampling. What you are advocating is not freedom of speech...it is stealing. Anyone thinking this is a good idea better not be interested in using their illegit samples in commercial music (or at least better not hope they are ever commercially successful with such music). There's no faster way to ruin your reputation with A&R folks then to use "non-clean" samples in your music.

My suggestion would be to pick up a copy of Music Tech magazine for November. The CD that comes with the magazine includes about 180 MB of military/war-like sound efx samples. The magazine is available at any Borders, Barnes & Noble, etc. for about $13 US. Not sure if it has soldier's marching or not, but it very well might.

Another resource would be to do a search on this site for "free samples," "eastwest" or "time and space." (maybe "time & space"). That might pull up some leads. My quick search located at least one such set of links:

http://forum.fantom-s.info/?action=show ... &page=last

You can also just pop over to Harmony Central or one of the other sites that list sample CD producers. You may be able to find something. I did a quick search at time and space and, while there are a number of possible CDs, none specifically called out army marching (although a number were combat-related).

http://www.timespace.com/index1.asp

Cheers,
RW

It is not how loud you make it, it is how you make it loud. Bob Katz
MAK-90

Re: I need FX samples!

Post by MAK-90 »

Thanks I'll check into that

Turn that knob just a taaad bit more