stumped...

Other Roland synthesizers, modules, keyboards, etc.
morpheus

stumped...

Post by morpheus »

There are obviously a few options for expansions with the Fantom S...Here is my dilemma:
As a keyboardists who mostly concentrates on rnb and new/old soul style music, I have narrowed down my expansion options to SRX 03, 05, 06 and 07. Of these choices, granted I can only start with one, are there any recommendations that you great people could offer?

failure is an attitude not an outcome...
Rebel J

Re: stumped...

Post by Rebel J »

I play in the same musical genre as you and I would have to recommend the SRX-07 for Old Soul/ RnB and funk type music. It has all of the old synth waves and Rhodes,Wurli, Clav, and B-3 sounds. Truly the best expansion for solely this type of music. 05 has good guitars, woodwinds and percussion. Not real sure about the others but 07 is your first choice by far.

Rebel without Applause.
morpheus

still stumped...

Post by morpheus »

I have received great feedback with all of my inquiries...but I still have a few questions. Of the two string based roms, would I be most pleased, considering my rnb/neosoul background, with the symphonique (04) or complete orchestra (06)? I have listened to demos of both but the patch demos are limited since there are so many other patches that users with these roms could comment on...

failure is an attitude not an outcome...
noisemaker

Post by noisemaker »

Complete Orchestra has more variety in my opinion, and for this reason I think it might be more suitable for you. But, the Symphonic Strings are killer for great sounding strings.

http://daughtcalm.homestead.com/About.html
E.Camargo

Post by E.Camargo »

Hey Morpheus.

Go to the FTP site below and download the mp3 song demos of the mentioned boards, if you didn't make it yet.

ftp://ftp.roland.co.jp/pub/roland/japan/demo/

The SRX-07, like "Rebel" said, has a huge and considerable colection of instruments, such as claves, rhodes, melotrons, B3 organs, arp strings too! Some great pianos, e. & ac. basses, and sounds from synths such as Jupiter, Juno, SH-101, and much, much, much more.
Beat loops and drums from "Burning Grooves" are also included.
I really recommend this expansion board.

Peace - Edu Camargo