SRX 97 Jon Lord's Rock Organ

Other Roland synthesizers, modules, keyboards, etc.
wudsiba

Re: SRX 97 Jon Lord's Rock Organ

Post by wudsiba »

I went through a heck of a lot about a year ago to get a copy of the SRX 98. This is another one that I would love to have. I just wish that current owners could buy them. I've seen a few sites that offer your choice of the 97 or 98 when you buy a fantom X new. If anyone wants to get rid of one... I'd love to buy it.

wudsiba
Fantom X6
Audio exp.
pianoman

percussion

Post by pianoman »

Hi,
does anyone who owns this card tell me if there is real single triggered percussion? Would be a shame if the percussion was on the samples an triggerd with every key you pressed...

THX!
geppastro

Post by geppastro »

You can't have real single triggered percussion on the Fantom X. The only way would be putting together a layer in a performance consisting of an hammond poliphonic voice + a monophonic percussion voice, but that simply doesn't work as expected, at least when I tried it.
[edited: not true! see http://forums.rolandclan.info/?action=s ... e=1#123917]
Anyone with a different experience than mine?
Paolo
howreg

Post by howreg »

Does SOnic Cell contain all of the John Lord SRX patches or only a few - If I already have Sonic Cell do I really need the John Lord SRX - thanks if anyone knows
Jimknopf

Post by Jimknopf »

Guys, maybe the SRX 97 is not worth all the ballyhoo:

First, what looks like 12 patches (few enough), really are something like two and a half sounds with effect variations.

Second, concerning sound:
I had one and tried to get happy with it: the overdrive Hammond sounded really better than those so far, when I heard it alone.

But then I used it in band context and it totally failed, just like in any kind of mix I tried. A real overdriven B3 has *much* more sustain body, and not just heavy clicks and heavy distortion on a thin and poor sustain sound like the SRX 97 has.

I sold mine and am convinced that the run on it (with high Ebay prices) is not justified in any way. The hype only shows how much Fantom owners are in need of a useable rock B3 sound, which neither the Fantom X nor any SRX board provides in any halfway acceptable form...
charles_

Post by charles_ »

its a classic d110 sound from the val hala sound card
jon lord hammond esc sound

i have if wanna try in your devices

charles