Question for Lawrencew concerning xv-5080 .svd files??

Other Roland synthesizers, modules, keyboards, etc.
southernjoel

Question for Lawrencew concerning xv-5080 .svd files??

Post by southernjoel »

The xv-5080 sounds Ive seen offered here are are all in .fls format. How did you get them in .svd format that I saw on your site? Did you put them in your Fantom-s using the librarian first,then save the .svd file?

Thanks 8-)
Lawrencew

Re: Question for Lawrencew concerning xv-5080 .svd files??

Post by Lawrencew »

yes

Then copied back to the computer using USB.

Lawrence
Professor of Fantomology
southernjoel

Much gratitude to you Lawrencew

Post by southernjoel »

Thanks a zillion man!! If you had not offered these patches in .svd form as well,I wouldnt be enjoying the hell out of them right now...lol. Perhaps once this forum builds up enough patches,someone here will consider putting them all into one .svd file as well. I have considered getting a midi interface,but money is tight...plus I would rather just save up to get a better computer anyway.
For now I just plan on loading the .svd files to the CARD bank. Selecting my favorite patches and saving them to the USER bank.THen once I accumulate enough patches to the USER bank...I will save the .svd file to my computer for backup.
Didnt you say user created arps/rhythms/and performances were stored to the .svd file as well?
Lawrencew

Re: Question for Lawrencew concerning xv-5080 .svd files??

Post by Lawrencew »

yes they are - but only in the SVD file in the User memory, not the card memory.

You have probably noticed there is not a user, preset, card, set of arps and rhythms. Just user and preset.

The performances are the same as patches though - stored in user and card memory

Lawrence
Professor of Fantomology