I important question about the downloadable XV series sounds

Other Roland synthesizers, modules, keyboards, etc.
Nkredible

I important question about the downloadable XV series sounds

Post by Nkredible »

Is the xv series library offered by this site the same preset patch library that is stock on the Xv-3080 module? Xv-5080 module? I really need to know this, i plan on buying a fantom-X soon, i already own the XV-3080 module, if the XV library that's available on this site's the same as all the sounds on my xv-3080, i want to consider selling the module itself once i get the Fantom-X...somebody help me out.

www.nkredible.net
www.soundclick.com/nkredibletracks
mucsusn

Re: I important question about the downloadable XV series so

Post by mucsusn »

It is basically the same, but realize that the FS and FX use different wave ROMS than the XV engine. Similar, but different, so some patches will have differences. It seems that Rolands intent was to port the 5080 patchset as closely to the original as possible.

That said, having your 3080 gives you another module with good effects, plus the dual expandibility of SR-JV and SRX cards. And another 128 voices. A very powerful accessory, indeed. In the end, if you do sell, let us know around here first.
Nkredible

Post by Nkredible »

i see...so for the most part...they're the same patch banks. Like are they literrally the same patch names, etc? Is the difference in wav. rom really change how the xv sounds are? Or is it just subtle difference? I was planning on keeping my srx cards and maybe letting go my xv 3080 along with the jv-asia card installed. My main thing was the synth sounds (hard synth, lead synth, other synth, etc)...if the library on here has the same patch banks in that aspect..that will be enough for me to sell the module...i dont really need the extra polyphony of the module....and i have what i need as far as accoustic sounds with all the srx expansions i have....i will need the money from selling the module to get the fantom x and card i was looking at....

thanks for the help

www.nkredible.net
www.soundclick.com/nkredibletracks
mucsusn

Post by mucsusn »

Here's what you can do to see for yoursel, since I don't own a 3080 or 5080.

Go to the Roland site and download the FS editor/librarian, and load it up on your PC. Download the XV patch file from this site, unzip it and open it in the librarian. You can scroll the patch list yourself. There will be only patches......no performances, rhythm kits, etc.