What is Tenamos L100 Patch on SRX-07?

Other Roland synthesizers, modules, keyboards, etc.
Chaso

What is Tenamos L100 Patch on SRX-07?

Post by Chaso »

Hello-

I have an extremely specific question for those of you who own the SRX-07 card (I am actually considering picking one of these up with the RD-700 and SRX-02 I am about to buy): out of interest is the "Tenamos L100" Patch 80 on the SRX-07 card an organ which sounds similar to the one used by great prog rock keyboardist Dave Stewart (not of the Eurythmics - different guy) in his band National Health on songs like Tenemos [sic] Roads? A clip can be heard here:

"http://www.noside.com/Catalog/CatalogAl ... lbum_ID=50"

If this SRX-07 Patch is a similar rauchy fuzz organ type sound I will be in heaven. At least if it is indeed a decent Hammond L100...

Chaso
rbarkhouse

Re: What is Tenamos L100 Patch on SRX-07?

Post by rbarkhouse »

It's definitely not a "raunchy fuzz organ", but it is a really sweet sounding Hammond patch. In fact thanks for bringing it to my attention, I have a bad habit of skipping over patches that don't have "B" in the name :)

Rest assured though there are lots of raunchy fuzz organs on the SRX 07.

Rick Barkhouse
mucsusn

Post by mucsusn »

Second Rick's comments. I'm not sure what the Tenamos means, but the patch does a good job of emulating the L100's differences. Little or no key click, and the percussion is longer, just like the real thing. Overall a good patch, and the SRX-07 has a solid collection of B3 waves for programming and patches ready to go to work.
Chaso

Post by Chaso »

Thanks for the responses! In the song I mentioned, after the raunchy fuzz solo, he settles back into a mellow, sweet organ sound with little attack - in fact this sound is heard more on the album overall...so maybe that is the reference point for the patch (or not). That would still be great. Anyway, good also to know that there are some other nasty organs on the SRX-07.
Red Winger

Post by Red Winger »

Hey Chaso,

You've hit on one of my favorite topics, since I've been a big mouthpiece for the SRX-07 since I picked one up for my FS about a year ago. The B3 waves and patches in SRX-07 are (for me) just about the biggest selling point of the card. While I think the patches are great, the best part of the card to me is the ability to just use the underlying waves (for those having one, do a "patch init," dial through and audition just the pure B3 waves a bit....they are sweet!).

For raunchiness, there are a couple patches (most notably "Deep Purple") that I really like, but I mostly just generate my own through the SRX-07 waves and use the FS filter/lo-fi/distorition efx to get the sound I want. That said, there's plenty of variety (Farfis, Hammonds -- both with and without Leslies, Vox, etc.) in the organ department on the SRX-07...and I haven't even talked about all the other great synth and EP waves.

Ok, gotta stop now or I'll just keep rattling on endlessly.

Cheers,
RW
rbarkhouse

Post by rbarkhouse »

Hey Red Winger, it's funny you should mention about auditioning the pure waves, I did exactly that last night. And I was surprised to find that the "Power B" waves sound exactly the same as the rock organ patch on my dinky old XP10 (that I sold when I got my Fantom)... it was like a trip down memory lane :)

Rick Barkhouse
Red Winger

Post by Red Winger »

Timing is everything. :-)
mucsusn

Post by mucsusn »

Speaking of great organ patches, have you checked out the "Tonewheel Solo" from the XV patch bank?