Instrument definition files for GW-8

Other Roland synthesizers, modules, keyboards, etc.
Marius

Instrument definition files for GW-8

Post by Marius »

Hi. Please, can someone help me with the Instrument Definition Files for Roland GW-8? I need them desperately. I use Sonar 7 in my work and i'm under contract in Asia ..... i get my keyboard few days ago ..... and i can't transfer my old MIDI files into my new GW-8 until i will know where the hell are all the instruments from the GW-8.
Thank you very much.
skuppy

Re: Instrument definition files for GW-8

Post by skuppy »

Hey Marius

the instrument def file you are after is on the roland site

http://www.roland.com/synth/GW/download_E.html

So how do you like your gw-8 ?
Its great value for money
have you created any styles of your own

I keen to hear your comments on it.

Chris
Marius

Thank you Chris

Post by Marius »

Thank you very much for the information Chris. I like GW-8 but i didn't create yet any style. I'm using gw-8 as a sequencer and to play my already created midi files on stage. I have a band and i'm using gw-8 as backing track player; i use only midi even i can use also mp3 trough USB. Along with my gw-7 i use them both on the stage. I'm a guitar player actually .... i'm not a keyboard player.
When i got gw-7 in 2005, i was also very scared regarding the rhythm section (i have also a E-68); now i got scared again when i heard the drums ..... of course i had to learn how to do ins files to be able to "call" all the drum kits from gw-8. From gw-8 i like the sound of piano, base, accordions, acoustic brass, all the synth keys, some of the strings, R&B drums kit, jazz drum kit and some other sounds. I don't like sax, some of ethnic instruments, room drum kit, power drum kit .......
There is a lot of talk about and i will be happy to share with anyone everything i saw and it happened to my gw's.
YES .... i just remember: if you use USB stick to play your midi files is better to forget about!!!! You need to load all the SMF in your gw-8 memory and to play them from there. That's all for now. Anyway, thank you very much Chris for your help. Greetings from India. Marius
SizZleR

Post by SizZleR »

When i click that link (http://www.roland.com/synth/GW/download_E.html ) it redirects me to this page: http://www.roland.com/categories/synthesizers/
and there's no instrument def file there... :-(

Ive been googling for more than an hour now and the file isn't to be found anywhere online.
Poor support by Roland, it is indeed and also truly disappointing.

If anyone here has the file, can u please share it or email it directly to me at info@computerbits.dk ?

Thanks in advance!!
Jake
SizZleR

Post by SizZleR »

Being convinced that the file has to be out there, I spent over 2 hrs last night searching the web for it.....again.

At one point I even resorted to use wayback machine to find the direct link to the file at roland.com, because I figured that the file might be on the server, even in the same path, so I needed the full path for the file.

Well I've got the full path allright, but the link to the file is dead. :-(