xp 80 sustain?

Other Roland synthesizers, modules, keyboards, etc.
moripi

Re: xp 80 sustain?

Post by moripi »

Hello,

I have problem when I recording with the Quantitize function ON, my XP-80 miss recording.
I checked my XP-80 OS Version is 1.02.

If anyone have the XP-80 OS update disk.
Please post it here..

Thanks
digitalbilly

Post by digitalbilly »

mirkos wrote: 11:41, 28 March 2009 Oh,well,I will try to find some update,but I tried it already,and didn't found it...if someone somewhere have update,please,post it here.

I must add word or two for you guys.

This discussion is really really,great.If just everyone on the other forums,worldwide,would be so tolerant and normal like you two guys,internet would be better place.Period.I am proud to be on the forum with you guys,your behavior set example for everyone.

Thanks
Best regards
any update on finding the files? I too am looking for the files
digitalbilly

Post by digitalbilly »

***FOUND XP-80 FIRMWARE***
https://web.archive.org/web/20030815234 ... 80_111.zip

XP-80:
ROM 1.10, CPU 1.04 are the latest versions reported.

CPU 1.02 fixes a problem with the PR-C:098 patch. Sometimes when played 'popping' and 'clicking' can be heard. This bug appears to be very specific and only occurs on patches with similar structures and parameters to PR-C:098.
ROM 1.10 fixes a bug when assigning GM patches 041-056 to Performance PR-A:01 Part 1 no sound is heard. When loading and converting a SMF format 1, track 15 may be merged into track 16 and track 15 will be empty. In track info screen, track 16 _may_ show the information for a previously loaded song. When using soft thru and there are multiple note on messages, the XP _may_ only transmit one note off message. While recording the timing may have occasionally drifted.
ROM 1.08 fixes a bug when recording with the Quantitize function ON, very rarely the XP may miss recording.
ROM 1.07 fixes a slave mistep bug, an external sync to clock bug and a chain play bug.
ROM 1.05 correctes a timing problem with the sequencer syncing to patches (drum loops) from the Dance exp. board.
ROM 1.04 apparently fixed some sequencer timing problems when large amounts of MIDI data was being received.

Some users have had problems with the brigthness of the LCD display. Roland have service a upgrade #100920 which upgrades the LCD display.
Please note the upgrades are only available through your local Roland Service Centre. Upgrades should be free. Please only request an upgrade if you are experiencing problems with your synth.

To check the version of your synth -
Press [SEQUENCER] button to enter Sequencer mode. Then press [SHIFT] + [ENTER] + [EXIT] simultaneously. A screen like the following should appear:

1.04 EXT0088 CPU1.01 96/06/13 14:41 XP3

The first number on the display (1.04 in the above example) is the ROM version. The second version number preceded by CPU is the CPU version. Press [EXIT] to leave this screen.