This might be a dumb question

Other Roland synthesizers, modules, keyboards, etc.
Mentalattica

This might be a dumb question

Post by Mentalattica »

Hello Everyone,

Like the subject of this post, this might be a dumb question but here goes.

Has anyone "re-sampled" any of the sounds from a Motif or Triton to use for the Fantom-S. And would you be willing to post them if so?

I know it's probably a tedious task to do but I know atleast one other person besides me has probably thought of doing it. I just dont have access to a Motif or Triton.

Thanks

---Peace
FatBoyJim

Re: This might be a dumb question

Post by FatBoyJim »

I don’t have access to any other synths currently but I wanted to say something here about this.
Sampling a Triton or a Motif might be the easiest way to get their sounds into the Fantom but after all the multi sample mapping and time involved in doing this an easier way to do this might be to recreate the desired sounds from the Triton or Motif with the Fantom.
I am not real familiar with the Triton or Motif and don’t have any experience with their architecture and I could very well be wrong about this but more than one knowledgeable person around here has pointed out that for the most part workstations have similar sampled waveforms and that an experienced person could recreate almost all the patches from one workstation to another without a whole lot of change in the sounds.
The salesman that sold me my Fantom pointed this out to me as well when I was asking him about wanting to collaborate on songs with my brother who lives in another state and owns a Triton Studio. Easy for this salesman to say though as he has 30+-year-old collection of synths rumored to be very large in size and he is very much respected for his knowledge of every one of them which makes figuring out any new synth way to easy for this guy.

[edit] personally I wouldn't mind having some/many the the Triton sounds. There may be a day in the not so distant future where a Triton LE with a MOSS Expansion board and Karma Lab Software can be had for around $1000.00 and currently this can be done for somewhere around $1300.00 (if buying b stock I believe). If this $1000.00 day comes that will be an ultra hard deal for me to pass on.

E.Camargo

Post by E.Camargo »

I would like to get that jazzy flute sound from Motif. This would complement my sounding arsenal.
Till now, I don't know any sample library that present flute like that.

Oh! I forgot that I also need a good drum library!

Paz - Edu Camargo.
Rordog

Post by Rordog »

EXACTLY! Sample every single drum on the Motif, the flute, and one of those pianos; I forget which one; the bright one though. I would pay for someone to do this. Then I'd be happy with the Fantom XR forever!