GW8

Other Roland synthesizers, modules, keyboards, etc.
michael68

Re: GW8

Post by michael68 »

Dear all,
I am writing to you from Singapore and am seriously thinking of getting the GW8. I would need your valuable advice on the following:

1) GW8 Asian edition: Is the key differences in terms of preset sounds and styles? How many songs/styles is this different from Latin and the Europe version? Can sharing of sounds and styles be possible?

2) Midi Controller: Can this work well as a pure midi controller with softwarwe such as Apple Garageband or PC based Acoustica Mixcraft?

3) Version 2: Before buying, shall I insist on Version 2 which would have probably fixed up all the bugs?

Many thanks for your advice!

Regards,
Michael
Geopaul1994

Post by Geopaul1994 »

Micheal,This is a most common doubt having in gw 8 customers.As you know there are four versions.I am having gw 8 asian version.But I had an experiment with all the four versions.I liked the asian version and i purchased it.This is because of the styles. The styles are incredible. There are many styles including thai,indian,indonesian,china styles.The other styles are not different. Now your second doubt. Sharing of styles and tones are possible.If you want both european and asian styles buy gw 8A
Geopaul1994

Post by Geopaul1994 »

Then export all the european styles into gw 8A using usb import.Then enjoy.I always suggest gw 8A .
Now your third doubt,You can use as pure midi in those you mention.I am using cakewalk sonar.Apple garageband will be supported by gw 8 and there will be excellent sound quality. Now your fourth doubt,I think you can purchase gw 8 version 2 from your dealer . When i purchased GW 8A version 2 was installed on it.If you have got version 1 i suggest you to update to version 2 after you buy it.
Geopaul1994

Post by Geopaul1994 »

Thanks for asking advice to me.I am interested in solving doubts. If you have any doubts please feel free to ask me.Thanks
cminor

Post by cminor »

Depends on what kind of music you want to do.
The E version was better for me because of the world sounds that the other versions don't have.
I didn't need the L for the latyno trumpets or marimbas, the A version for the indian sounds, or the japanesse koto.
I needed the Guerinni Accordions, the Nay, the Cymbalom versions.
This is way GW8 have more versions.
Every country have it's own "traditional instruments", and every user want "that kind" of instruments.
It's important to know that you CAN'T change intruments from A to E to C to L.
The GW8 tones are fixed.
Yes, you can tweak them but not change the waveforms.
So it's better to think fiirst what kind of World Tones you need....
About the A/C/E/L styles.
Yes, you can import in a L a E, or A, or C style.
But you need to know WHAT tones are inside.
Because you will have to replace the world tones of A with your internal tones (world or not).
If the style have a world tone on a track from A, on the E version, will show as 0000 tone.
So you will need to know what tone was ...
if you knew that it was a Shakuhachi, you can change it in style Composer, (the CC00/32/PC) to one of the internal sounds (like flute, or something else)
Geopaul1994

Post by Geopaul1994 »

Hai c minor. I am not satisfied with gw 8 d-beam controller.Are there any more presets for D-Beam controller.If there is so, can you please upload it..
cminor

Post by cminor »

Geopaul, if you search at library, at fantom-x, you will find presets that can be set on GW8 too ;)
Geopaul1994

Post by Geopaul1994 »

Thanks but i don't know to set it.can you please explain how to do it..please.....
michael68

Post by michael68 »

Hi guys, thanks so much for your feedback. I am going to place my order for my GW8 soon, and hopefully I will have a good time experimenting with it (if I can find time, that is...)

Regards,
Michael
kaps

Post by kaps »

hello.i am having Roland GW8L(latin version).i am an indian.i wanted to buy the Asian version but here they dont sell that version.i wanted the indian styles from that Asian version.so can u please send me those all indian styles to my email id.my email id is pkaps11@gmail.com.i would really appreciate if u send me those indian styles and few ethnic tones like nay and mizmar.i request you to please send me as soon as possible.if u want anything from the Latin version then just let me know.thank you in advance
pkaps11

Post by pkaps11 »

hello,u r lucky that u having the Roland GW8 Asian version.here in usa we dont get the Asian version.i hv the latin version.but i badly need the Asian version indian styles that are in gw8 asian version.can you please please send me the indian style from gw8 asian version to my email.my email id is
pkaps11@gmail.com.please i request you to please send me those indian styles.will wait for your reply.thank you in advance.
pkaps11

Post by pkaps11 »

hello as i m happy tht u are having the GW8 Asian version.so i kindly request you to share and upload the indian styles.or can u please send me those indian styles to my email.my email id is pkaps11@gmail.com.i would really appreciate if u reply me and send me the indian styles.waiting for your quick and positive reply.thank you in advance.
cminor

Post by cminor »

kaps on every asian world style, press write>style and add * at the end of the name to save it as "user", save all on the stick and put them here.
I will put here the E and L version styles, after that.
Why after?
Because everybody said that they will put them and after they had the E and L collection, "forgot" to do it ;)
pkaps11

Post by pkaps11 »

hello i said i am having the latin version so i need the Asian version Indian styles.can someone please upload or send me the Indian Style from the Asian Version GW8.my email id is pkaps11@gmail.com.
skytooht

Post by skytooht »

hei my name is hakan and I'm having turkey.5 days ago I bought one roland GW8. I realy liked but, Lack edit user drum kit has disappointed me is incorrect. if you are interested in this topic roland officials and they bring solution to the problem I would be happy if they lived here a bi musicians thank you very much again in advance greetings